Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Superman Returns Videogame Trailer

Check out the trailer for the video game coming out later. I was already excited about getting this one, now I am even more psyched!! Summer cannot get here soon enough!!

Supes
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Looks cool. Interesting, though, that they don't mention what systems it's available for.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Looks cool. Interesting, though, that they don't mention what systems it's available for.
    On that page with the trailer, it lists the platforms underneath the screen.
    XBox, XBox 360, PS2, PSP, Gameboy Advance, and Nintendo DS.
    It does also say Gamecube, but at work we received an email from our corporate office saying that the game on that platform had been cancelled.
    Not sure if it really is cancelled but I doubt they would send us an email like that unless it was on good authority.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Huh. I did not see that. But it figures that they shut out my system. Arses!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Buy a real system Chux.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Buy a real system Chux.

Those graphics look awesome. Hopefully it will find its way onto the PC platform, which it should since it's EA.

Here are the features that are listed on the website:
    Quote Originally Posted by EA

FEATURES

A Huge Open World

Go anywhere in Metropolis right away-exploring the first open-world game that extends from the street all the way into the atmosphere. Non-linear gameplay and innovative flight, rescue, and combat mechanics let you create your own experience.

The Authentic Superman Experience

True to more than 60 years of DC Comics fiction and featuring film-inspired missions and voiceover from Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, and Kevin Spacey, this is the Superman game fans have always wanted.

Be Creative with Your Powers

You're immediately given all your super powers, but must learn to master and combine them-for example, use your Super Breath to freeze water into a giant icicle and then hurl it at an enemy with your Super Strength.

Your Choices Matter

Will you stop pursuing a super villain to prevent a tornado from destroying Metropolis? Make critical decisions to save the city, but choose wisely or its citizens could pay the ultimate price.

Missions and Mini-Games

Protect Metropolis from seven of the most notorious villains in the DC Comics Universe including Metallo and Parasite and conquer more than 60 colossal missions only Superman can overcome.
    I especially love the non-linear gameplay and the "Authentic Superman Exerpience". Should be a pretty sweet game.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

They probobly cancelled the Cube version because Nintendo is planning on launching the revolution this summer. arn't they???
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

Sounds like they took a good long look at Spider-man 2.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

[quote=Captain Spoon]They probobly cancelled the Cube version because Nintendo is planning on launching the revolution this summer. arn't they??The Revolution is fully backwards compatable with the Cube.
    F the Fat Man!

It sounds good, but I really am having a hard time seeing myself playing the effeminate Superman videogame, that guy looks ALL wrong - makes Dean Cain look less like a pile of crap. The trailer also had something look a little off IMO, the overfluidity of some of the lines or something, the cityscape looked good tho' - definitely seemed like we were watching a cutscene and not actual gameplay. Plus, giant Metallo robot?!? What next, Superman vs MechaGodzilla? If it plays as good as it describes, I guess I won't have a choice but to buy it, hopefully there will be a way for the PS2 version to skin Supes as CJ from GTA or something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.