Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sun Fac: A lesson in how it should be done

Sun Fac is the out-of-left-field surprise of the new Saga Collection. Yes...previous figures have been very impressive as well (Veers, AT-AT Driver, Boushh, etc.) but Sun Fac is truly the gem to-date.

First, he's an obscure background character, and we as a collecting community have been clamoring for more BG characters since forever.

Second, this is a pristine example of how to make superior articulation in an unobtrusive manner. It's only when you take him off the card that you realize how many ball-joints he has. My only criticism would be that his knees needed ball-joint articulation as well. That aside, he stands very solidly on his own without the stand.

Third, the detail on his suit is extremely well-done.

Hasbro, keep up this level of superior sculpting and character selection, and I think you'll see the number of happy consumers go up while the complaints fall significantly.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I concur.

While I didn't expect this Geonosian, he's a welcome addition. The sculpt is great, the articulation is superb. Remake the regular Geonosian warrior like this one and I'd by 40 of them!
    Move along, move along

Yeah, he's awesome, I gave him very high marks, I also came VERY close to saying that he's an army-builder, the scarred eye being such a stand-out feature on the head kept that from happening. I don't mind the lack of the 2 sets of knee joints, his hips and universal-jointed ankles let you do a lot of good poses. I took points off only for paint problems (the head and legs have way too much green paintwash on them), the fact that he seems too tall, and the revisited blaster which is too big and doesn't have the right handle situation. Still, if they decide to repack this one with a better blaster, get the paint situation sorted out, and a second "regular, unscarred" geonosian head (ball-jointed heads are easily swappable), I'd buy several of that and give it top marks I'm sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, he's awesome, I gave him very high marks, I also came VERY close to saying that he's an army-builder, the scarred eye being such a stand-out feature on the head kept that from happening. I don't mind the lack of the 2 sets of knee joints, his hips and universal-jointed ankles let you do a lot of good poses. I took points off only for paint problems (the head and legs have way too much green paintwash on them), the fact that he seems too tall, and the revisited blaster which is too big and doesn't have the right handle situation. Still, if they decide to repack this one with a better blaster, get the paint situation sorted out, and a second "regular, unscarred" geonosian head (ball-jointed heads are easily swappable), I'd buy several of that and give it top marks I'm sure.
    Yeah, I was never a fan of that ridiculous sonic pulse cannon. And it looks even goofier with that big neon green spot in the barrel!!

I concur with your observation on the hips and ankles. He stands very well thanks to them. It just would've been nice if you could stand him straight up instead of the half-squat he's stuck in.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

And it looks even goofier with that big neon green spot in the barrel!!
    Although the movie version is far more detailed there, it *does* have the green spot in the middle like this toy (there it's a separate spheroid disk shape with stuff inside).

It just would've been nice if you could stand him straight up instead of the half-squat he's stuck in.
    Yeah, 'cause he ain't tall enough right now or anything. I'm kidding, I hear ya. The reason I don't mind his kneeless legs is because that's how the Geonosians stood in the movie. But I can also understand wanting joints in either or both sets of knees too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree! All he's missing is ball joint knees! But then they're doing that to Cody too so it doesn't surprise me!
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    I agree! All he's missing is ball joint knees! But then they're doing that to Cody too so it doesn't surprise me!
    WHAT?

I could have sworn Cody had ball joint knees. Damn, first Scorch now Cody. That's crazy. On two of the most requested figs from 2005, they are going to cheapen out on the knee articulation. Someone needs to Beeowtch slap Hasbro.
    Move along, move along

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this post with a discussion about Hasbro cheaping out on articulation. But yes! Han Solo (Carkoon), Scorch, and Cody are all lacking knees and ankle articulation! And Cody and Scorch don't have ball joint shoulders! I started a thread about Hasbro doing this to Cody, and someone got all b@#$y about picking on poor little Hasbro. Seems we should be thankful for whatever that decide to offer us and not complain about anything! Just stop buying.

But back to the point of the thread! Except for the lack of knee articulation, I also really like this Geonosian sculpt!
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Geonosians with Fac's articulation I'd like, (knee articulation would be nice as well)

Geonosian Picador w/ Orray
    Geonosian Drone
    Geonosian Pilot
    Geonosian Warrior / Guard
    Poggle the Lesser
    Gizor Dellso

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this post with a discussion about Hasbro cheaping out on articulation. But yes! Han Solo (Carkoon), Scorch, and Cody are all lacking knees and ankle articulation! And Cody and Scorch don't have ball joint shoulders! I started a thread about Hasbro doing this to Cody, and someone got all b@#$y about picking on poor little Hasbro. Seems we should be thankful for whatever that decide to offer us and not complain about anything! Just stop buying.

But back to the point of the thread! Except for the lack of knee articulation, I also really like this Geonosian sculpt!
    I know I was a strong proponent for Cody. I don't mind the shoulders the way they are, but I REALLY thought he had knee articulation...
    Move along, move along