Sideshow's March 2nd newsletter

The info on upcoming stuff was almost non-existent. They did say that Kit Fisto's regular edition size was only 5,000 pieces (WHAT!?!?!?!). And that the next figure will be announced next week in the newsletter. They DID NOT say that the next one would be the SDCC exclusive. And they really gave no hint. The only thing they said was "Could it be Leia, Lando, Gui-Gon, or maybe a Sith? And it didn't really come off to me as if they intended the next one to be alluded to in that list.

It was nice to at least get the heads-up on when it will be announced.

I'm not at all surprised by the lower edition size of regular Kit Fisto, he's not a main character so he doesn't have as broad appeal as the big name guys, they lowered the edition size on the SE version too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I called Sideshow to see if I could get an idea of how they determine the edition sizes. The people there weren't sure but thought they were pre-determined based on the results of market studies (I bet that means the guessed based on their own opinions of the popularity of a character, but that is probably as accurate as a scientific study).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel
    The info on upcoming stuff was almost non-existent. They did say that Kit Fisto's regular edition size was only 5,000 pieces (WHAT!?!?!?!). And that the next figure will be announced next week in the newsletter. They DID NOT say that the next one would be the SDCC exclusive. And they really gave no hint. The only thing they said was "Could it be Leia, Lando, Gui-Gon, or maybe a Sith? And it didn't really come off to me as if they intended the next one to be alluded to in that list.

It was nice to at least get the heads-up on when it will be announced.
    I dont understand, what makes you think the next one would be the SDCC exclusive? SDCC is a few months away... The next one is going to be available for preorder before SDCC.

I am not saying or guessing that it will be or won't be. But I am curious. And I would guess (if I were guessing) that considering the ship dates of the other figures, it seems to me like it would be normal to pre-order it soon, even next, as the first figures pre-ordered are supposed to ship to us in early April, and it seems that the releases are about every two weeks after that, and the last one that has been pre-ordered is due to ship in early July, and with SDCC at the end of July, it falls into logical place for the the next figure to be pre-ordered to ship at about the time SDCC is on. Now, that doesn't mean that the next one WILL BE the SDCC exclusive, there could be two released at the same time, or the SDCC exclusive could be put up for pre-order closer to the SDCC and out of the normal order. I don't know...I am just curious.

Hey! I've been to Ewa Beach. I spent 4 years in Hawaii when I was in the Marines from '83 - '87. It has been a long time, though and my memory is rusty. That's North Shore, right?

Edit - Wow...just checked a map...By Pearl. Not even the right end of the Island. My memory is rustier than I thought.

Side Show already said that the SDCC exclusive will be a variation of one of the figures that is already been up for pre-order. I know it's Sith eyes Anakin.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Side Show already said that the SDCC exclusive will be a variation of one of the figures that is already been up for pre-order. I know it's Sith eyes Anakin.
    And that would fit with the extremely limited info released so far.

On a side note, does anyone know an online retailer that has the 1/6 Vader from SS for a reasonable price?
    Real men buy Willrow

SS hasn't made a 1/6 Vader yet.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    SS hasn't made a 1/6 Vader yet.
    Tit for Tat, 1/4 scale.
    Real men buy Willrow