Darth Maul / Sith Infiltrator

I just posted my full review here:
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...394#post462394

I wasn't going to do a full review at all, but there's nothing to do today and the Oscars down the street have messed up the traffic.

I must confess, something I neglected to include in the review, I got mad at the figure for something while I was writing and actually THREW him onto the floor from about 3 feet up, surprisingly NOTHING broke or came off at all, not even the sabers in his right hand.

I cannot stress enough how much any buyer of this thing should detach that landing gear, what were they THINKING?!? This seems to plague all the toys of this thing: Micro Machines version was permanent, Action Fleet and Die Cast couldn't fully retract, even the LEGO one had to be removed. BAH!

The phoney doublesaber is a disappointment but the fakeout does look adequate, it'd be almost "good" if the stupid wrists rotated, how could they cheap out on this?

I love the head design here, they really got the blend of SW and TF just right with this, but why did they do such an ugly lack of neck design that doesn't hold closed?

Anybody else buy this one? How would you rank it? I'm saying it's about as weak as Luke X-wing but I refuse to find out of Grievous is worse as I won't buy him.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 03-05-2006 at 06:55 PM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Grievous is growing on me...

The instuctions don't mention it but there are two small holes inbetween the wheels visible from the front that allow you to store Grievous' extra lightsabers while he's in vehicle mode there! Why the instructions neglected to mention this is beyond me, but they're nice little storage holes, and the handles protrude less then a 1/4 of an inch out from the vehicle mode "wheel," so I think they were obviously designed to hide the sabers...

I have to admit...I like Grievous. You should give him a chance but do keep in mind that he's by far THE most complex SW TF, which makes him the most fragile of course

Can't wait to try Maul and Boba.

(And egg a limo for the Oscars )

Well, I saw this one in person today. He looks a bit different than the initial pics. I guess my history of not buying these will stay intact, because he looks like a hot steaming cup of butt.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

the landing gear is easy to remove but it serves a purpose when hes not moving.

My son used his b-day money to buy this. He has some regular transformers. This one seems pretty flimsy when tranforming. Are all the SW Transformers this way?

I want to say it's about 50/50, but each one I think of has its foibles in this department so I guess so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.