View Poll Results: What time of day do you shop for Star Wars collectibles?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early morning (6am to 9am)

81 29.45%
  • Late morning (9am to 1pm)

59 21.45%
  • Afternoon (1pm to 4pm)

36 13.09%
  • Early Evening (4pm to 7pm)

39 14.18%
  • Evening (7pm to 11pm)

25 9.09%
  • Late night (11pm to 6am)

35 12.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Early morning, almost every morning before work... Wal-Mart ~ 7:00 and Fred Meyers shortly thereafter. TRU opens at 10:00 and if I can slip away from work then I'll do that as well.

I will look for the pallets late at night only when I am already out. Usually when I am out that late I am with my wife, who has no qualms about telling me how much she does not like toy shopping. If we're stopping for something else then it is no big deal.
    Skeeziks22

my daughter has no qualms either. although she digs target. just i like to get in and out. obviosly i am shopping the wrong times. i look a lot and never saw a tactical ops(til the tru 2 pack). i still have not seen scorch and utapau. i've gotten up so many times hours early to just miss them. it would be worth it just to pay extra and get more sleep. it is always a thrill to find it in the store though.mayby i can get lucky at tru, cause walmart and target have been bad for me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by timmae
    mayby i can get lucky at tru, cause walmart and target have been bad for me lately.
    I just found a Scorch and Utapau trooper at TRU. That's not a bad option especially since Wal-Mart upped their prices. Also, they open later (10:00 am up here) and stock over night so it's easier to get there right at opening. I scored some Tactical ops trooper 2-packs there for the same reason.

Wal-Marts in town have adjusted their prices but have not restocked their figures yet. Oh well, I found all I am looking for for now anyways.
    Skeeziks22

I used to hit three Super Wal-Marts almost nightly at around 10:30 p.m.; three Targets on the five days a week after trucks came, and TRU every Wednesday night, just before close (when the SW stuff had just arrived). I knocked that off after getting the Separation of the Twins figures, and now just look for figures when I happen to be at one of those stores. Incredibly, I've easily found the first three Saga Collection waves using this "non-collecting" method, am wasting a lot less fuel, and have a much happier wife (no more husband ducking out every night to scour stores for toys).
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

What time of day do you shop for Star Wars collectibles?

I was thinking about this... there really needs to be an "In your sleep" option. Might be fitting around here. I'll say early mornings though, as I can hit a place or two after I take the kid to school in the AM.
    plasticfetish.net

Still "late morning" here... although I haven't found much of anything in a long time.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I chose Early Evening back in the day and it still holds true... and it still fails me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hell, I haven't gone toy shopping in a long time. I may just go today for old times sake as I doubt I'll find a damn thing.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

This survey? It implies there's something WORTHWHILE to go shopping for?!

Early morning when the stores first open is the only time I really need to go so that I'm not frustrated by empty pegs - as when I find them actually stocked, I empty them myself.

Until the Tatooine Wave hits, I have no reason to go though. Then, only long enough to get 8 Hem Dazons and NOTHING from the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    This survey? It implies there's something WORTHWHILE to go shopping for?!

Early morning when the stores first open is the only time I really need to go so that I'm not frustrated by empty pegs - as when I find them actually stocked, I empty them myself.

Until the Tatooine Wave hits, I have no reason to go though. Then, only long enough to get 8 Hem Dazons and NOTHING from the rest of it.
    Luckily it's not just a survey of 1.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.