View Poll Results: What time of day do you shop for Star Wars collectibles?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early morning (6am to 9am)

81 29.45%
  • Late morning (9am to 1pm)

59 21.45%
  • Afternoon (1pm to 4pm)

36 13.09%
  • Early Evening (4pm to 7pm)

39 14.18%
  • Evening (7pm to 11pm)

25 9.09%
  • Late night (11pm to 6am)

35 12.73%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Luckily it's not just a survey of 1.

Tycho is just letting us into his world....

btw it is good to see the forums up again.

I usually go early evening on the ride home from work (3 Targets & 2 WM & 1 TRU) or the 8:30pm to 10:30pm pallet run to TRU,Target & WM that are 15 min South of my house and that has been successful on occassion (this week was the HW collector and scalper Psychology observation experiment.

I did pick up the unleashed just to make sure I had them and had to field off questions from the the HW Scalper (any variants there?)
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car
    Tycho is just letting us into his world....
    In Tycho's new world, $400 gets him and his girl a limo ride to a seaside resort hotel downtown San Diego, where $100 dinners are served before Queensryche takes the stage only several seating rows away, followed by fireworks over the port, and a night's stay in the ambassador class suite, to be followed by breakfast with the band the morning after.

The trade-off would be

$66 Sideshow Mace
    $66 Sideshow Qui-Gon
    $66 Sideshow Darth Maul
    $45 Lucas Family 4-pack*
    $40 Disney Star Tours new droids*
    $50 8 Hem Dazon (Arcona) action figures*
    $18 3 Chief Chirpa action figures*
    $20 extra Hailfire Droid for lack of Corporate Alliance Tank Droid from ROTS
    $29 for whatever else I *might* be compelled to buy

Like any of that crap is going to really make me any happier...

*stuff I'll likely buy anyway

In any case, I'm actually thrilled to be moving on with my life and not pinching pennies to spend so much on Star Wars as I used to have to do.

I found me the New unleashed shopping at 2am this morning.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    I found me the New unleashed shopping at 2am this morning.
    I usually hit up the Wal-mart over lunch because there are multiple restaurants nearby. I don't really make any dedicated SW runs anymore, not with gas being what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    I don't really make any dedicated SW runs anymore, not with gas being what it is.
    Same here. Thankfully Target is on my way to work, I drive right by it. Therefore I check them more often than anywhere else. WM is on the other side of town so I maybe go there once a week, sometimes twice, sometimes not at all.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    I usually hit up the Wal-mart over lunch because there are multiple restaurants nearby. I don't really make any dedicated SW runs anymore, not with gas being what it is.

I hit WM that late because I get off at 1:30 and usually need to pick someting up for the house, so I look at that time. I dont go out in the morning to Target unless something is there like an exclusive that I need.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

On the weekend, I don't get up early often enough for me to hit the stores, it is usually in the early afternoon that I manage to visit the local retail stores. Of course by then, the pickings are slim, but I do often find what I need.

Every weekday I am out the door by 7:20 but work beckons and a toy run before would take too much time away from where I need to be. Although I do entertain thoughts of making a quick trip, I know better.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I usually hit one Target(almost never Walmart) before work, between 8:30 a.m. and 9:10 a.m, which lets me get to work at 9:30 a.m. I do that on average about once every two days.

I would say that I stop by after work maybe once every two to three days nowadays. Usually Target or TRU. Occassionally Wal-Mart. WM I usually visit on a weekend.

I don't really like going to Wal-Mart. In the morning it usually seems like a waste of time. And I absolutely never go to TRU in the morning unless it's a weekend, and even then, I rarely go during opening.
    Galactic Barn Burner