View Poll Results: Do you collect sealed or loose figures?

Voters
585. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mostly Sealed

238 40.68%
  • Mostly Loose

233 39.83%
  • 50 / 50

114 19.49%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Do you collect sealed or loose figures?

This is a quick poll, pretty straight-up, with only 3 options to choose from above. Are you a loose or MOC (mint-on-card) collector? Do you open your figures - and other collectibles too - or keep them packaged?

Keep in mind that pretty much everybody has a few of the other kind, so that's why it says "mostly loose" and "mostly sealed", we're not talking absolutes, you can have 75% sealed figures and still vote for "mostly sealed". There's also a poll option for 50/50 (half loose, half sealed), so make sure you click the one that most closely applies to you.

Also, remember when you post in the thread that everybody collects differently, you don't have to dump on MOC collectors just because you rip open that packaging the second you get it out of the store, we're all in this hobby together.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 02-15-2006 at 01:42 PM.

MOC for me. Always have been and always will be. Heck the only 2 ROTS figures I've opened were someone elses that were being shipped to 'em.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Then vote. Duh. If three people have posted and one says MOMC, but the results say 100% loose, then obviously you forgot to vote.

With the exception of a few higher-end pieces (Celebration Vader, Jorg Sacul, etc), my collection is all free!!! (As in not imprisoned by plastic, not free of charge.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ha! I was just about to tell him that. Slicker: go vote on the poll itself! I know 1 of the 2 votes currently on the board for Loose is mine, the other is almost certainly Chux's, so what's the dealio? Oh, I bet I know what happened, he saw it in new posts and didn't realize it was a poll, yes?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I swear that I voted. It must've been a...uh...forum...glitch or something.

Stupid vBulletin.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

They all start out sealed, but most wind up loose.

The only things I keep sealed are special exclusives from conventions and the like...everything else is free!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I swear that I voted. It must've been a...uh...forum...glitch or something.

Stupid vBulletin.
    That's right, blame the computer, it can't defend itself.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I keep most of my collection sealed. If I only buy 1 figure, then it stays sealed, if I buy a second, providing it isn't a variant of the 1st, like the blue saber and red saber Palpatine, thenI will usually open the 2nd figure, though while I was photograping my collection, I found many sealed figures that I had bought doubles of, but never opened the second as of yet. I tend to like to keep things as orginized as time allows, opening up figures makes it messy when they loose there weapons, or you go to bag the weapon/accesories and label each, where as keeping them on the card keeps it all neat, and with the figure and the art work or series it came with.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Most of mine are loose. I do have some carded, but I might be looking to trade them sooner or later.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

LMK R-duece if ya trade or sell them.

I voted carded(sealed). I think i have 3 figures(non vintage) that are opened.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten