Sneak Peak Jango Fett

well, I was able to check out a carded version of this figure up close and personal, and overall, it's pretty decent. The holsters are not functional, the backpack doesn't appear to fire, and as far as I could tell, there are 6 pts of articulation. As far as the blaster clip ons, the blast accessories clip from the outer part of the gun barrels and appears to definitely be removable. The scope on Jango's helmet appeared on this figure to not be line up quite right, which makes me think that it is (perhaps) articulated.

I would call the sculpt a hybrid between the very dead-on POTJ line and the Ep I line. Aspects of the sculpt are fantastic, like the belt detail, but the lack of extra articulation and nonfunctional holsters kinda disappoints, as does the extreme pose.

As far as the packaging goes, the bubble has fairly flismy plastic and was kinda banged up. Why is the bubble soo big? There is soo much extra unused space that I don't understand the direction of the bubble design.

all in all, I'd rate the figure a: B. The 300th Fett is way better. As far as the Zam Wessel fig on the back, much more interesting, especially with the fact it seems to have a functional holster/gun.

6 points of articulation, huh? I think we need to make a new distinction between "useful articulation" and "useless articulation." This sneak peek Jango seems to have only 2 point of useful articulation (his head and waist) and four points of useless articulation (both arms, both legs). What the point of being able to move the arms and legs if they will only look good in one position?

Is there really going to be any difference between the preview Jango and the regular Jango? From the pics we have seen, they look like the same figure, but in different packaging. It reminds me of the preview STAP that we saw before EP1.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Originally posted by JangoFett96
    Is there really going to be any difference between the preview Jango and the regular Jango? From the pics we have seen, they look like the same figure, but in different packaging. It reminds me of the preview STAP that we saw before EP1.
    Figure wise, any of the preview figures will be the same as the ones that will later be released on the blue cards. They are just releasing a few figures early to generate hype and give us rabid fans what we have been asking for, somthing early from E2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well personally I cant wait for these. I am so excited about doing the whole midnight madness thing again too. I had so much fun in '99 with the EP1 stuff and I am ready to do it all over again. Its like there is magic in the air; like Christmas or something.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Well at least that's one good thing, that means we've got a good chance at a good amount of the astromech. Jango Fett looks...well like a pre-pose statue, heh. He can shoot over there, he can shoot up there, he can shoot down there, he can shoot over here, either way he shoots though, he's doing the twist!

Zam Wessel looks like she can only hold her blaster like that.

The Clone Trooper seems worse than POTF2 Stormy's pose! Let alone him having to have that giant gun that'll probably weight him down so he won't be able to stand, and it appears he's stuck in that pose too.

Astromech looks perfect though. And great custom fodder, looks like it would be easier to paint than R2-D2 or R2-Q5.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Damn!!! I bet whoever ends up paying those $200-$300 for the figure will end up looking and feeling like a jackass when in 1 or 2 weeks he finds it at Walmart for $5.99.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

I am most dissapointed with the Clonetrooper. I had thought about getting several to build an army ( I ahev an army of Comm tech stomies, snowtroopers, biker scouts), but the squatting pose just turns me off like you wouldn't believe. I thinks its OK to have a figure pre-posed once in a while, if it s cool pose from the movie and is accurate to the film (like 300th Boba Fett), but to make every E2 figure squat like its taking a dump for no reason, really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.