Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Isaac Hayes quits South Park over Scientology

Probably more appropriate for Rancor, but since it deals with TV I'll put it here. Isaac Hayes quits South Park over his religious beliefs.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 03-13-2006 at 05:38 PM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Sorry to hear that. Chef was a great character, and he'll be missed. A kick in the nads to Isaac Hayes for becoming holier-than-thou only when Scientology is dissed on. Trey pretty much nailed it when he said Hayes had no problem with the show making fun of other religions.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 03-13-2006 at 05:38 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I put Chux's URL into Malakite's entry because it was throwing off the format for me with that long link.

And I am god in this forum, so I'll do what I want.

Anyway, isn't that Scientology episode their repeat for this week? If anyone missed it, do give it a watch because the depiction of scientology beliefs is funny stuff.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Chef has barely been on the show the last 4 or 5 seasons, and his role in most of those was severely diminished anyway, so it's not a major loss in my opinion.

Matt is dead right though, Hayes voiced no complaints over the recent episode negatively focused on Mormons, and the series has taken shots at Christians and Jews many many times, so it comes off a little phoney to claim this is somehow different.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Old? We aren't talking about the Simpsons. SP these days is hit and miss. I like most of the episodes, but some are pretty lame.

It's too bad about Hayes. Funny how people hide behind their religion.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I quit it around the time they went to fourth grade (specifically, the totally unfunny episode where Garrison discovers he's gay in an unfunny Yoda parody), but have gotten back into it recently. It dropped off dramatically a few years ago, but it's picked up with a vengeance.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I haven't even noticed his presence in the last couple seasons.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Isaac Hayes did a cameo on last night's That '70s Show, singing a parody of "Shaft", and I didn't realize how old he's gotten, he's got a quaver in his voice. I suppose being old might be part of what's going on with all this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.