Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Short Packing

No kidding. I'm still mad that I never got an R2-D2 with holo Leia. Even worse is when I went into TRU one time and they got a new shipment of the Commtech figures in. Everyone was there except for the R2. The guy who put them up there saw me looking for R2 and told me that all the employees grabbed him before he ever hit the shelves. Is this fair? And this was about the time he was selling for $50 on ebay. I bet those stock boys grabbed them, put them on ebay and made a ton of cash off of it and now here I am without the figure because they decided to be greedy and grab all of them. Well I for one hate TRU and hardly go in there anymore. Their selction, on almost everything lately, has turned to cr*p. I prefer to go to Target where they actually still order things.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I don't think the problem is under production, I think the problem is inconsistant distribution.

It seems people are having a hard time finding the FX-7 wave and beyond, but near me, there are 2 or 3 Wal-Marts and Targets that have had both deluxe waves and about a billion cases of the Zutton wave (which includes 1 of each in the FX-7 wave.) They've been on these shelves for almost a month now. Also there are still hoards of Luke X-Wing waves and Duro waves.

I live in the Chicago suburbs, so there is a Wal-Mart or target about every 5 blocks. There also is hardly a scalping element to be found around here, so if a case does hit near here, there's a good chance to find it.

But this area never, and I mean NEVER, got the initial Sandtrooper wave, clean Scout Trooper wave, Sebulba wave, nor the Tessek wave (until very recently, at least.) I know people that work in Wal-Mart as well as Target, and they never got any of those waves in. From about March to August, there was not a single new figure in the Northwest suburbs to be found. While everywhere else, people seem to got these with relative ease when initially released.

The figures are out there, but not every place gets the same case distribution.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."