Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short Packing

Hybrid View

Short Packing

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I HATE IT! It's ruins EVERYTHING for me! I have missed the last few waves of figures because of the FREAKIN scalpers and the fact that there ARENT ENOUGH FIGURES BEING PRODUCED!!!! I have a 2000 peice collection on display and dangnabbit, I haven't been able to add anything to it in a YEAR!!! Get on the ball Hasbro, produce MORE! God, I hate scalpers!
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God. And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti.

I have around a 2000 peice collection also and I know how you feel. There is a bad scalper problem where I live. I'm several waves behind and I have a lot of figs I still need from a couple years ago.

Dang Hasbro! Dang scalpers!

I believe they do it for a number of reasons:

1. The parts involed in the figure (more parts the more $$$ involved in making it)

2. Its a figure that wouldn't sell and become a pegwarmer

3. Cause They really want to p--- us off
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

How can you blame them??

How can you blame them for short packing stuff... How are they to know what is going to sell and what isn't??? After all... look at the crap they are producing for AOTC. They actually think THAT junk is gonna sell! Hahahahaha!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I agree with JEDIpartnr. An Acklay? HA! I'm not gonna buy that! Hopefully shortpacking won't be too much of a problem with Episode II figures, ALL of them will be warming the shelves once collectors and kids have stared at the Episode II section of the store and cried because they SUCK so bad.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hasbro should raise the number of shortpacked figs and lower the number of high packed figs so everything equals out.

I agree. It seems the shortpacked figures are REALLY the ones that everybody wants. Who cares about the 13th resculpted Tatooine Luke? People want the new stuff.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

And what happened to that wicked cool Laser-scanned Anikan we saw! Even without COLOR it looked more like him! I want to know what in the sam hill is going on!
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God. And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti.

Angry

I don't know if there are scalpers in my area, or not. However, when the only store in town that has figs. is Wal-Mart (K-Mart for a whilelonger. but they're all a year old) as soon as they sell, if they ever get them in in the first place, they're gone. What a collector, or a kid, to do if you can't buy the syuff from their website? If you could do that, it would immediately KILL the scalping problem and everyone could get what they wanted.

Originally posted by SithDroid
    I agree. It seems the shortpacked figures are REALLY the ones that everybody wants. Who cares about the 13th resculpted Tatooine Luke? People want the new stuff.
    And thats why Jar Jar was repacked at 1 per case in the EP1 line!

And what happened to that wicked cool Laser-scanned Anikan we saw! Even without COLOR it looked more like him! I want to know what in the sam hill is going on!x
    COLOR=blue]According to the SSG price guide he'll comw out as Anakin - Jedi Knight [/COLOR]
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious