Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: KOTOR wave

Considering that 20% of your Fan's Choice selections are characters from both Knights of the Old Republic video games, please consider creating these characters as an entire wave unto themselves. Between the two games, you can easily create a case of figures in several assortments. Here are the characters you could use.

Darth Malak
    Darth Revan w/ removable face mask (variation - male or female)
    Darth Sion
    Darth Nihilus
    Mission Vao
    Bastila Shan
    Sith Trooper
    HK-47

Here are possible case assortment options:

Assortment 1

Darth Revan (x1 - male)
    Darth Malak (x2)
    Darth Sion (x2)
    Darth Nihilus (x2)
    Mission Vao (x1)
    Bastila Shan (x2)
    Sith Trooper (x2)

Assortment 2

Darth Revan (x1 - female)
    Darth Malak (x2)
    Darth Sion (x1)
    Darth Nihilus (x2)
    Mission Vao (x1)
    Bastila Shan (x1)
    HK-47 (x2)
    Sith Trooper (x2)

Assortment 3

Darth Revan (x1 - female)
    Darth Revan (x1 - male)
    Darth Malak (x1)
    Darth Sion (x1)
    Darth Nihilus (x1)
    Bastila Shan (x1)
    HK-47 (x2)
    Sith Trooper (x4) - this should satisfy the army builders
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I second that. Mandalore would be a sweet figure also. They should do multiple waves one case of KOTOR figures, one case of KOTOR2 figures, and a case of Sith Troopers and Mandalorian warriors. put me down for 2 cases each of the first 2 and 3 or 4 cases of manalorians. I mean it only makes sense, between the 2 games they sold a kazillion copies people will buy them and kids will buy them because alot have played the game. It would sure as hell beat another repaint of Luke, Anakin, Han and stuff
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

i love that idea Sithlord though i would sub out Mission Vao for Juhani. regardless, i would definitely be a completist for any KOTOR figures that might be made.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Although I don't have a lot of interest in KOTOR characters, I'd prefer they be done as a wave rather than one or two otherwise completely random figures. If the figures look cool, I'll buy them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I posted a list some time ago about KOTOR figs. I had them all in a few waves.

What I'd like to see is a multipack. Preferabe a LARGE multipack. Something like 6 of the characters in one box. Perhaps a light side and a dark side box.

There's too many to choose from and I think it's quite possible to make two completely different sets of light and dark, thus giving us 24 characters.
    Heck sell the set of 6 for $50. I would pay that for ALL NEW FIGURES. And in this respect other than the Sith trooper and old Republic trooper, there aren't really any army builders, so one set each is enough for anybody who might want to collect these.

I'll post later exactly who and how I'd break them down. (It's late though and I'm too old-should be sleeping-to be on the net this time of night...heh heh.)

-Sal
    Move along, move along

actually Sal, i think HK-47 could be an army builder as well. if you'll recall, there were other assassin droids of the same model in KOTOR 2, albeit colored differently. can you say color variants?
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

All we want is every damn 3.75 figure you can possibly make, decent ships that the figs can fit into, and playsets that are realistic to the enviornment. Hell...well buy McCallum figures, crew figures, creature shop figures just make them if they have anything to do with Star Wars!! I'm not being a jerk, I really would for grins, but the first aprt was serious!
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

My thoughts on special sets and case distribution.

Darth Malak-The main villain
    Darth Revan w/ removable face mask (variation - male or female)-this is the character the player
    Mission Vao-YOUNG street smart Twi’Lek female
    Bastila Shan-Female Jedi hero that the player interacts with
    Sith Trooper-Self explanatory
    HK-47-Assasin/Protocol Droid. Likes to call humans “meatbag.”
    T3-M4-EARLY R2 like droid
    Zaalbar-Wookiee Warrior
    Saul Karath-Former Republic Admiral who defected to the Sith Fleet
    Juhani-Cat like species Jedi
    Darth Bandon-Darth Malak’s apprentice
    Jolee Bindo-Mace Windu like character
    Carth Onasi-Male hero that the player interacts with
    Canderous Ordo-Mandalorian
    Calo Nord-short Bounty Hunter
    Republic trooper

So here’s how I’d special package them or case these.

Light Side special set I:
    Bastila Shan
    T3-M4
    Juhani
    Republic trooper
    Zaalbar

Light Side special set II:
    Carth Onasi
    Mission Vao
    Jolee Bindo
    Canderous Ordo
    HK-47

The reason for breaking them up like this is that you evenly split, the droids, the two main heroes (Bastila, Carth), the two partners (Mission Vao, Zaalbar), the two minor jedi (Juhani, Jolee), and have two trooper-like figs (Republic trooper and Canderous). By splitting them evenly, Hasbro assures itself that we would by BOTH sets as we would want to have the pairs together properly.

Dark Side special set I:
    Darth Revan-with added accessories and head swaps to at least partially give us some control over what the character looks like. Since the game did this.
    Darth Bandon
    Saul Karath

Dark Side special set II:
    Darth Malak
    Calo Nord
    Sith Trooper

The dark side sets are also relatively split. With both main Darth’s split. Both Sith militia men split (Saul Karath and the Sith trooper), and having Darth Bandon in a different set from Malak means in the end we’d have to get both of these sets too.

Now since there are 10 “light side” and only 6 dark side (with Revan being a swing character-meaning it could be either light or dark) we could make light sets like this instead:

Light side 1a:
    Bastila Shan
    Juhani
    HK-47
    Republic trooper

Light side 2a:
    Carth Onasi
    Mission Vao
    Jolee Bindo
    Light-side Revan Male

Light side 3a:
    Canderous Ordo
    Zaalbar
    T3-M4
    Light-side Revan-Female

Since Revan can be covered up for the dark side version, we wouldn’t HAVE to have different gender versions.

Now if we are talking case assortment, here’s how I’d break this down (we’d now have 18 figs accounting for light side male and female versions of Revan):

Case Assortment 1
    X3 Darth Malak
    X3 Revan-Light side Male
    X2 T3-M4
    X2 Zaalbar
    X2 Jolee Bindo

Case Assortment 1
    X2 Mission Vao
    X2 Carth Onasi
    X2 Darth Revan
    X2 HK-47
    X1 Juhani
    X2 Sith Trooper
    X1Revan-Light side Female

Case Assortment 3
    X1 Darth Bandon
    X3 Bastila Shan
    X3 Canderous Ordo
    X1 Saul Karath
    X2 Republic trooper
    X2 Calo Nord

The above three splits up the characters in a way that has some of the more desired characters split up so we would have to keep looking out for them until they showed up in later assortments.

The following three take into account popularity with the most desired first, then the next lower tier then the least desired.

Case 1(Most Desired) each 2 to a case
    Darth Malak
    Revan-Light side Male
    Carth Onasi
    Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan
    Sith Trooper

Case 2 (desired) in no particular order, each 2 to a case
    Canderous Ordo
    T3-M4
    HK-47
    Mission Vao
    Zaalbar
    Jolee Bindo

Case 3 (least desired-but still want) each 2 to a case
    Juhani
    Revan-Light side Female
    Darth Bandon
    Saul Karath
    Republic trooper
    Calo Nord

The first set in the popularity assortment are the characters most integral to the story. Let’s face it, many more of us played a male character than did female. And the Sith Trooper is an Army builder so it makes sense.
    The second set in the popularity assortment are “major” minor characters with whom the player/character interacts with most during gameplay.
    The third set in the popularity assortment are characters, that while not necessarily integral are important none-the-less to gameplay.

So that’s my take on how KOTOR figs should be released. Then if they do well, Hasbro could consider KOTOR II figs.

-Sal
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 03-16-2006 at 01:45 PM.
    Move along, move along

Okay, call me stupid, but what's the deal with Revan? Is s/he some sort of schizophrenic hermaphrodite or something?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Okay, call me stupid, but what's the deal with Revan? Is s/he some sort of schizophrenic hermaphrodite or something?
    It's part of the game's plot twist.

YOU are Darth Revan

...as in the player you create and play as.

Whether or not you use a male or female character determines Revan's gender. Prior to the revelation (you don't know who you really are because of a Jedi-inflicted mind wipe), Revan is only shown in flashbacks and with a Mandalorian-style mask on, covering the face completely. Since you can choose to follow the light or dark sides, there are four combinations for Darth Revan:

Darth Revan (male, Light Side)
    Darth Revan (male, Dark Side)
    Darth Revan (female, Light Side)
    Darth Revan (female, Dark Side)
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm