Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tony Hawk Underground 2, oh how I hate you!

That's not a jokey title, this is a real situation. A friend loaned me his copy of T.H.U.G.2 for PS2 and I was having a good time with the story mode, I even made my own character and moves and all sorts of good stuff. Some of the goals were hard but I busted through easy mode and did enough to even warrant finishing regular mode. Then I started on classic mode, and I don't really like the timed level thing and picking up stat points instead of earning them, classic just wasn't as fun. But I pushed through and did all the crazy stuff, I had some screaming matches with the Philly level but cracked that, and was having a good time with the Triangle level. So I'm having a good time again, I guess the system recognized this because on a regular old "save game" the f**king thing LOCKED UP on me!!! It completely corrupted my save data, just 1k was left, my guy, my work, it was all GONE!!! I loathe this game!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm sure it hates you, too, JT.

Sorry, it had to be said.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Grind Session, best skateboarding game ever.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Funny you mention this JT, I had a customer come into my work earlier this week and said his copy did the same thing to him. The exact same thing.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    What about Skate or Die????????????????

Its a bug within the game itself. Hitman 2 for GameCube has a similar bug.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Well, an update on my frustrations, I ended up tracking down the cheat codes for "always special" and "full balance on rails", have plowed through the classic mode nearly all the way at this point, it's more fun without having to constantly balance my guy. I remade my character and saved him to a second save file without cheats in it just in case this cheats file locks and dies again.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm sure it hates you, too, JT.

Sorry, it had to be said.
    If it had been my game and not a loaner, I very well might have snapped it in twain out of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by kh
    Wow, you've found a title I've never heard ANYTHING about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango
    Funny you mention this JT, I had a customer come into my work earlier this week and said his copy did the same thing to him. The exact same thing.
    Huh, that's weird timing, maybe they have a "delete game" timecode built in. It turns out the person I borrowed it from had a lockup kill his save 2 weeks ago too. This title is buggy.

JJB, for a moment I thought you meant the arcade game "720", the very first skateboarding game ever, where it says "Skate or Die" all the time. That game was fun back in the day, but I got an emulated version on PS2 on the midway title and it actually SUCKS, not as much fun as I remembered.

Malakite, what's the bug exactly then so I can avoid it?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, it is an older game like 6-7 years old. You can find it on ebay for like 7 bucks brand new now. I was going to order one, but my friend who had mine and broke miraciously found one in a box his cousin took from Ohio and is sending it to me.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Malakite, what's the bug exactly then so I can avoid it?
    I'm not exactly certain what the specifics of the bug are. I did some google searching on it and found several mentions, but all the stories are from around 2004 so it doesn't do any good, they are dead pages. Its possible it could happen totally random and there isn't a specific trigger. From what I can gather though is that the bug causes the game to freeze and when it happens the card can corrupt (like in your case).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Google caches pages they show in search results, click the "cached" link next to the results.

I'm just glad it was only the THUG2 main save file that corrupted and not my entire card.