Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"new" vehicle rehashes

Hasbro put up pictures of Mace Windu's purple star fighter and Vaders Tie today. I need a vader tie with a better paint job since I skipped the first saga one, but I think I'll pass on the Purple Starfighter.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/defau...7740DE2CCDE7B5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87159.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	13627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87160.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	13628  

Hopefully these will both be $20 . . . that would be so dang cool. I never got the Vader TIE either time, and I don't care that it doesn't have a crappy overpriced figure.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

If its 20 bucks, I will buy the TIE fighter. I have the bomber and the regular, might as well get this one too.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The bigger version of that pic of the purple Jedi Starfighter looks like they photoshopped the color, it's almost pinkish, fuchsia.

I remember when Hasbro couldn't give those DV TIEs away, I bought one at TRU on clearance for $5 and they had a stack more (buried behind a much bigger stack of T-16s ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

WEAK! Where's the Cloud Car???

Hasblow strikes again.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The bigger version of that pic of the purple Jedi Starfighter looks like they photoshopped the color, it's almost pinkish, fuchsia.

I remember when Hasbro couldn't give those DV TIEs away, I bought one at TRU on clearance for $5 and they had a stack more (buried behind a much bigger stack of T-16s ).
    Those were the good 'ol days. I still have my 3 T-16's. One open (that my son begs me for non-stop) and two still sealed. I wonder if they will ever re-release those.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel
    Those were the good 'ol days. I still have my 3 T-16's. One open (that my son begs me for non-stop) and two still sealed. I wonder if they will ever re-release those.
    I doubt it, that had to be the all-time worst-selling $20 vehicle I've ever seen in the Star Wars line. Plus, it had some issues, the wings not folding with the mini-section, the plastic on the hinges bending away, few figures could actually fit inside, and there wasn't much interest at the time in general. It was an ok piece, but I can't imagine them re-releasing that, especially before re-releasing more popular stuff like the Bantha and Rancor and A-wing (which also sold poorly) and Skiff.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree. I don't think ANY of those will ever get re-released. And it doesn't appear that anyone cares about those. I still have like 6 or 7 each of the Banthas and Rancors. I bought them at Factory 2 U for like 8.00 each and wanted a herd of the Banthas. I just got the Rancors because they were there and cheap. All the boxes are trashed, though.

It's been a LONG time since we got 'em though, what, 8 or 9 years? Some stuff should be re-released, like the Skiff and A-wing.

was the mace ship ever in the movies, or just from the animated show?
    i hope there is a mace figure that will fit in it.
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..