Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Good news, everyone - Futurama's back... AGAIN! TONIGHT!!! If you don't watch it, you're a mutant-lover!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Will they do a Pouchie-esque buildup of hype? :recycle...totheextreme:
    "That's what Sheev said."

Really excited for this show to be back on the air....IMO one of my favorite shows with plenty of re-watchability.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quite funny; welcome back. And it was great that there were no references to them returning to TV in the show itself... I liked Zapp's "gggggnnnnn..." lead-in for each reveal.

I enjoyed it as well. Very happy to have it back......Didn't like the fact that Leela and Zapp had to get busy at the end of the episode though....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    ......Didn't like the fact that Leela and Zapp had to get busy at the end of the episode though....
    Did they? Remember how Zapp faked his stories? Leela's much smarter than he.

2 cute episodes. Some art definitely felt less-than, and the writing hasn't entirely gelled for me yet, but it was good to have 2 new episodes and that were fun.

The first episode got needlessly convoluted, it felt like David Cohen knew he was going to want to jerk everybody around, and thus he did... extensively. The robot doubles thing felt old hat after the Kidnappster ep, but it was still adequate.

The second episode was ok, felt like a few too many ideas that were half-baked - like Zapp could really lift a log that Leela couldn't. The V'ger gag from ST:TMP didn't really pay off well and felt lost in the concept, and Chris Elliot definitely is a weird choice for the voice (worked in the creepy voyeuristic ending though).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll echo what seems to be the "enjoyable if not amazing" consensus. They were at least better than some of the weaker DVD movies, and it'll be great to have new episodes constantly.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Ah... love those satires of current technology. And I picked out Craig Ferguson's voice after one of the many replays of Leela's "curse" vid. :susan:

I seem to recall that one of the two epsiodes last week had a clip of Futurama in the ship-crashes-into-the-classic-cartoon-screen part of the opening. Anyone else notice that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Ah... love those satires of current technology. And I picked out Craig Ferguson's voice after one of the many replays of Leela's "curse" vid. :susan:

I seem to recall that one of the two epsiodes last week had a clip of Futurama in the ship-crashes-into-the-classic-cartoon-screen part of the opening. Anyone else notice that?
    They did that in the intro to Bender's Big Score . . . I don't think they did it again on the new episodes, but I could be wrong.

Last night's was pretty good - the satire was a bit obvious at times, but there was plenty of great stuff in there anyway.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram