Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Good news everyone!!!! I submitted a quiz and they made it into a Sporcle for me Enjoy!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Good news everyone!!!! I submitted a quiz and they made it into a Sporcle for me Enjoy!
    Nice one! I missed a few. For the record, you may want to change Bender's name to Bender Bending Rodriguez.

Very cool! Man, I had the hardest time coming up with Tinny Tim, Linda, and Smitty. I also couldn't spell LaBarbara correctly for a long time, spelled it like 6 different wrong ways. I was glad "Lurr" worked even though apparently it's "Lrrr".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked up the DVD last week and watched it, along with some of the extras. The movie is better than "The Beast", but not in the same class as "Big Score". This movie feels like 4 episodes, lots of ideas flung about with a few major storylines and a lot of big shifts. They aren't being honest about the movie's main thrust, that doesn't get going until almost 2/3rds in. Except for diehards, this set feels like 4 episodes on a disk which is generally a "watch on TV, not buy", but support Futurama anyway because it's awesome, and you get 4 postcards as well.

Extras are only so-so, I can't think of any major highlights even.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Benders game. such an odd movie. i don't know about four parts but it's definitely like two longer episodes sandwiched together with a cruddy plot device. the whole thing seemed pretty forced and laboured. I didn't enjoy watching this at all. and i've sat through it twice with different viewing pals and they didn't enjoy it either despite being fans. the writing seems to be getting lamer and lamer.

Ouch! Wow, that's a big reaction. Worse than Beast with a Billion Backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Nice one! I missed a few. For the record, you may want to change Bender's name to Bender Bending Rodriguez.
    I actually did send in the correct name, they changed it on their own though
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

So who's seen the final one? I watched it a while back. It was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as it should be. Bender's Big Score remains the best of the DVDs, unfortunately. The Fry-Leela relationship was weird here; after they essentially ignored it in the last two DVDs, it seemed to me like a "Christ, here we go again" thing more than anything else, and the ending was rushed. It just didn't feel as important as it should have. Now I really hope they do indeed get picked up for another season, as Billy West hinted recently.

I bought it a couple days after it came out, and was pretty disappointed. It's about on par with Bender's Game, so it's better than "Beast", but it's well below Bender's Big Score. It had a lot of feel of episode writing, cramming a vague thread into 4 episodes, and throwing a lot of gags out no matter if they worked or not. Very little in the way of actual storyline, and what's there doesn't deliver on its message or sci-fi credibility as well as the writers expected it to. If this was the end, it was a wimper, but not a failure, just not a big deal.

Collider is saying that a source tipped them to the fact that Comedy Central has ordered 13 more episodes of Futurama.

Exclusive: Comedy Central Goes Back to the FUTURAMA
    by Cal Kemp

Good news everybody! An inside source has revealed exclusively to Collider that “Futurama” has been given a 13 episode order by Comedy Central. Though still technically a rumor at this point, word is that “Futurama” production offices have already opened and that casting is about to move forward.

This should be a welcome surprise to fans of the show who have already gone through the series’ cancellation and resurrection as direct-to-DVD movies.

Look for official word in the very near future. Though animation has a big lead time, I would guess on some kind of “Futurama” presence at Comic Con next month.
    Hopefully this is true, and the episodes can match the quality of the original series.