Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I think I enjoy Futurama because I see a little bit of Fry in me. He's not real intelligent, delivered pizza's and has little luck with the ladies. I look forward to new episodes on DVD which I can watch at my own time slot.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Looks like it's back on again, and official:

From Yahoo! News:

"Futurama" gets new life on Comedy Central

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Futurama" has a future.

Comedy Central has resurrected the former Fox animated series from "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening and David X. Cohen. At least 13 new episodes will be produced -- the first since the series' original run from 1999-2003.

The new batch is part of a deal the cable network made with 20th Century Fox Television last year to pick up syndicated rights to the existing "Futurama" library of 72 episodes. Comedy Central also had an option to air any new episodes produced.

New and old episodes will begin airing in 2008 on Comedy Central. Actors Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio have agreed to return as voices for "Futurama."

"We are thrilled that Matt Groening and 20th Century Fox Television have decided to produce new episodes of 'Futurama' and that Comedy Central will be the first to air them," said David Bernath, senior vice president for programming at the network.

"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience, and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library but something they've never seen as well."

"Futurama" isn't the first series to return to air after cancellation. The Fox animated series "Family Guy" returned to the network last year after getting a second wind on DVD and late-night cable.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Good to hear.

2008? That's a long ways away but that should give me more than enough time to rewatch Volumes 1-4.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Comedy Central? Since when did they have the rights to rerun the show? Cartoon Network is the only one right now doing such. I hope this article is correct, though '08 feels so far away.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Perhaps CN's contract runs out in 08 on the reruns. This is good news
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

wow, this thread is a roller coaster ride...
    first we're on for new futuramas, then we're off and now we're back on!

i love futurama. it has a different sense of humor than the simpsons, but that's fine. there's always room for more - and ya gotta love bender

More confirmation about that Comedy Central deal:
    Groening's schedule is especially full these days. Besides his work on "The Simpsons," he and partner David Cohen are bringing one-time Fox series "Futurama" back to TV with new episodes on Comedy Central beginning in 2008.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"Good news everyone."
    While cleaning out my bookmarks, I found this, a not-so lost episode of Futurama. It's all the cutscenes from the Futurama game, which adds up to nearly 30 minutes.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!