Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    With Zoidberg being the one holding the jar, I'm suspecting it's another instance of his incompetence at play here and Hermes will get his flabby body back by the end, with his head on backwards or something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just hope he'll still be able to limbo.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll get this, since it'll just be on Comedy Central in a few months anyway. But who knows, since my birthday is just a few days after the release date.

Without a body, he should be able to limbo pretty well.

Here's my thinking: if we don't support this by buying it, they won't make more.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe this should get merged with the "Futurama cancelled" thread.

I'm surprised to not see any discussion on Bender's Big Score.

Awesome movie. So many references back to older stuff. Only Flexo, Mom, and Crushinator were missing (and maybe the Robot Devil, IIRC). Hopefully at least Flexo shows up again in the future movies.

I loved the whole deal with Lars. Without spoiling too much, that was one of the greatest twists I've ever seen, and it's not telegraphed far in advance. You go from hoping he dies a horrible death to him being one of your favorite characters in the history of the series in less than five seconds.

And I for one was pleased to see that, in the re-written past, Seymour didn't die alone in front of Panucci's after pining for Fry for years.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Honestly, I haven't bothered yet, as much as I love Futurama, the way they're doing this puts more dread than excitement into me and I'm thinking I'll just let someone buy it for me for a present. Plus, throwing everything besides the kitchen sink into it doesn't make it good, just self-referential which can be a bad thing.

The way it was done, though, it actually worked.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have to wait until Christmas to see this one.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Awesome movie. So many references back to older stuff. Only Flexo, Mom, and Crushinator were missing (and maybe the Robot Devil, IIRC). Hopefully at least Flexo shows up again in the future movies.
    The Robot Devil was in it. He is in the church balcony conducting the music.

I loved the whole deal with Lars. Without spoiling too much, that was one of the greatest twists I've ever seen, and it's not telegraphed far in advance. You go from hoping he dies a horrible death to him being one of your favorite characters in the history of the series in less than five seconds.
    And yet I found the Lars plot to be a bit on the predictable side. I guessed the general idea of the character's plot as soon as I saw him and actually got bit antsy waiting for them to confirm my guess.

And I for one was pleased to see that, in the re-written past, Seymour didn't die alone in front of Panucci's after pining for Fry for years.
    It was nice to see Seymour and 5-leaf clover "nephew" Fry again, but I really wish they hadn't shown them. In retrospect it takes some of the "oomph" out of what really defined those two Futurama episodes as being memorable.

All in all though, I enjoyed this Futurama movie more than I did most of the Futurama episodes, which is really saying a lot since I can't think of a single Futurama episode that I didn't like to at least some degree. I'd definately recommend it to anybody who enjoyed the show. Just avoid the bonus hypno-toad episode. Trust me, with what little payoff there is in watching it, it isn't worth the 20+ minutes of torture you'll endure sitting through it.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Slight spoilers ahead, perhaps . . .

I got it and I really like it overall. I felt the beginning part with the spam jokes wasn't that great, and was worried that the rest would be like that, but thankfully the rest was awesome. The Lars story was really cool; I TOTALLY did not see that coming. I thought it was somewhat odd that Billy West was close to using his normal voice, but didn't put two and two together.

Was it just me, or did it seem like they were animating Leela to be really skinny? She just looked weird in a lot of scenes.

I'll have to watch it again soon. I can't wait for Beast with a Billion Backs, it looks hysterical.

Just checked it out yesterday, thought it was great. Lots of great points, took them long enough to bring out Brannigan and Kif though....would have liked to see more of them, but I still enjoyed it a lot. How soon before we get another one?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade