Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    I wonder if this is not just a publicity stunt of some sort. If you read the Comic Con schedule for Saturday, the Futurama panel has a curious theme. Given that the previous relaunch began at SDCC, maybe this one will also.

I wont watch
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It sounds like an intentional hoax to me. Yes, they hired a casting director when they announced the return, but unless 20th Century Fox has taken control of the show away from Groening and Cohen, there's no way this show would ever recast their main characters like that. My guess is they're going to take clips of sound-alikes and use it as a promotions tool, showing why only the original is good enough.

That said, if any of those actors are recast, I'm not inclined to watch any project by Groening or Cohen in the future if they are involved in that. It would be a level of disrespect too high to comprehend.

I highly doubt Fox would pay for a SDCC panel and transport for all their main cast just to give everybody the finger.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Looks like the voice-actors have been uninvited to the con....

http://news.toonzone.net/articles/30...isodes-in-2010

This better be some BS. I will be hate FOX forever if they pull this s&*t.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Fox pulled the same recasting crap years ago with The Simpsons cast.
    It was all a scare tactic for negotiations and probably is now.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Way to make sure that your relaunch succeeds, fire those who made it successful!

No Shia Labeouf?
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Thanks for wrecking the Comic-Con panel, ya Fox jerks! Man was that a downer, they couldn't talk about it and they had to replace them with writers who weren't allowed to say all that much about the show. But at least it's done now, just in time to be too late.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.