Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    See, now that episode felt like a proper return. That episode wasn't perfect, but it was really good. I do miss the cartoon clips when the ship crashes though, and wonder if that's just Comedy Central trying to squeeze 10 more advertising seconds into their schedule.

I've been watching a lot of Late Late Show, so I also called Craig Ferguson as the boil (especially since he's the only fellow out there who still references Susan Boyle at all anymore ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Great episode Thursday night! I loved the eyephone 2 and the Susan Boil bits, they were excellent
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Apparently, Comedy Central has edited the word "eyePhone" out of the clips they have for the episode posted on their website. Classy yet again, CC.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sadly, I have not seen any of these yet. Are they decent stand-alones, or do they need to be seen in order?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Only the season premiere needs to be seen in any order, as it riffs off of the last DVD movie finale. The other 2 so far are stand-alone.

This episode was the first ep with Mom in it, and it seemed like Tress MacNeille wasn't quite getting Mom's voice right, then it started to get closer, then ramped up and by the time she took off the "Mom-suit-voice", it was clearly back to business as usual.

Was I surprised at how this one ended? Nope. Was it funny? Sometimes? Like when the robot "clunks" through the flower field? Yep. Did I like the episode? Sure.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I really liked the episode last night. When they said at SDCC last year that Amy and Bender would hooking up, I figured it was a different gag, like Bender needing a sham marriage. This was a little odder, but some of the jokes killed hard enough to wake my neighbors when I laughed. Farnsworth's surprise at the end was so not surprising I had said it out loud 2 minutes prior, but the ep itself was still good. And Morbo had a line about Jim that I had to play 5 times over and over just to keep from yelling it myself.

Prop ∞ was almost certainly a nod to California's Prop 8 from 2 years ago, the anti-gay-marriage proposition (∞ is a sideways 8). They're doing a pretty good job staying current without it feeling forced.

I liked the Modern Times homage. Roman numerals humor? It's the I IV me!

This was a cute episode, but I feel like it needed another pass through the writers room, it didn't feel entirely gelled. That Futur-Roma thing was pretty funny right up to the Space Pope.

I forgot to comment on last week's Bender's mortality episode; does that mean something?