Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    I watched this week's that I had recorded, and it had the last minute or so of the previous episode, with a detail I'd forgotten; so, Hermes has a history with Bender, eh?

This one, with the forward-only time machine, was alright. Interesting commentary on how the future COULD be (how would we handle an Eleanor Roosevelt-less world anyway?).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Matt Groening said this last Thursday's episode with the time machine was possibly his favorite. I was a little underwhelmed just because I'm not convinced in the idea of time being cyclical, although it did amuse me the 3rd time through that everything was 10 feet lower. It was a nice episode with some good ideas and just felt a bit mechanical to me.

The professor could have killed Eleanor Roosevelt in the 1960s, look how long the greeting card took to reach Leela.

As for the Bender's mortality ep, that was the first thing I watched on the DVR when I got back from Comic-Con last week, and while I enjoyed it, the incredible obviousness of the big switch was just beating me about the head the whole time, making it feel quite forced. Not a bad ep, but I don't always dig when they try to shoehorn sentiment at us.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Not a bad ep, but I don't always dig when they try to shoehorn sentiment at us.
    Like with Fry's dog?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Like with Fry's dog?
    That was their intention, but "Jurassic Bark" is genuinely touching where this was a shadow of that natural sentiment. They pulled off genuine sentiment with Fry's dog, and Fry's nephew, and Leela growing up with parental help, but here it was just hollow.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

iFad? USB Today? Technology humor is always cool. Did anyone else think that the Prof's microbe-eating robots looked a lot like the Star Tours vehicle? This one was a nice episode, with a good bookend feel, where things matched up well with other parts of the show.

I really liked seeing who else they could bring in to "do the math" and get everyone's brain in the proper body (although, I thought they might give Zoidberg the shaft). This one was Kit Fisto grin-worthy throughout.

Futurama writer Ken Keeler actually created that math theorem just for the show: http://theinfosphere.org/The_Prisone...enda#The_proof

That episode maybe wasn't "the best" Futurama of the season, but it got me to laugh the most by far!

The beginning of this one was one of the funniest I've seen in a long time: FOX humor, Comic-Con inside jokes, lame animation, Ewok bashing, mustache emotions. By the end, it was so-so, but like they say, it's not how you finish, it's how you start. Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    By the end, it was so-so, but like they say, it's not how you finish, it's how you start.
    Sounds like what my wife says.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The beginning of this one was one of the funniest I've seen in a long time: FOX humor, Comic-Con inside jokes, lame animation, Ewok bashing, mustache emotions. By the end, it was so-so, but like they say, it's not how you finish, it's how you start. Maybe...
    Unfortunately, they had given away the best parts of that episode at Comic-Con, both in a trailer with that first portion, and as an awesome Delivery-boy Man comic book. The episode did end sorta so-so, although it had some good jokes like "I'll have your popplers!" voiced by Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff who did alright. Having a robot looking like Futurama art director, comic writer and regular panel host Bill Morrison was a good insider touch too.

The comic, I saved it until after the episode, and I'm really glad I did, as it was a version based on the final version in the ep, only better, as it had more content and a second ending. The cover is based on Action Comics #1 of course, but the first section is also based on the Superman origin story. There are lots of little comic touches inside, including a letters to the editor page with Fry as editor, and a pull-out-and-ruin-this-book mini-poster in the middle of our hero, and the very advertising page as seen in the show.