Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    While the new shows were all top-notch, the Christmas special (I'm considering it not part of the regular season, as it was obviously non-canon) was rather dull.

I will admit, I was p***ed that Scruffy died, until everyone else did repeatedly, proving it was all carp.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

New season resumed last week, and I finally got around to watching the 2 newest episodes. Pretty funny.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

G-g-g-ghosts in this next episode (nah, just the regular kind).

This season has been ok, but too many Bender-focused episodes already. Benderama, Ghost in the Machines, and Silence of the Clamps are all focused on Bender, even if he wasn't in the last one that much. That's almost every episode in the season thus far.

Neutopia was really weak, Benderama was pretty good, Ghost in the Machines was watchable, Law and Oracle was hilarious for the jokes rather than the story, it's the first one I've watched more than twice in the season - "Suuuuunny D commercial!" on the lightcycles was a crackup, and Schrodinger was terrific. Silence of the Clamps I'm going to watch again tonight, it had some good stuff going for it but felt a little thin. It was good to see another visit to the moon, and to the Crushinator. They even drew the friggin' Whalers on the Moon ride for the 3 frames it was in shot as they passed over Luna Park, that was awesome. Oh, and "Billy West" was an interesting joke, but didn't seem like a Futurama joke exactly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't really had a yearning to post comments lately on the new episodes, but they've been pretty good (back in time to deal with Farnsworth's ancestor, hunting the white whale). One even had a "new" cartoon in the viewscreen that the ship crashes into (it looked CGI in its style, but I didn't recognize it at all).

British URL cracked me up. "Indubitably."

I didn't recognize the cartoon in last week's credits either, it apparently was Zoich, the proposed mascot for the 2014 winter olympics, who was himself inspired by the Hypnotoad.

Yo Leela Leela and All the Presidents' Heads were both oddball episodes. I don't think Yo Leela Leela got away with anything, it was too straightforward and just not terribly inspired. The Presidents Heads one was a really out-there episode that I think got away with its rather off-tone writing by simply being incredibly cheeky.

Last night's episode, Mobius Dick, was awesomely outrageous. Everything got turned on its ear, and the number of pop-culture spacecraft was impressive. It wasn't a great episode, but it was a wild episode, and I enjoyed it as such.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed many more pop culture and word play references this season so far, than in previous ones. And there were quite a few first names used this time (John, Catherine, Hubert, etc.) than the usual last names for characters.

Yeah, the writing this season has been somewhat lazier than usual, and is playing on familiarity to change dynamics as a gag. "Carol" as Mom's name all casually is an example of that.

Season finale is tonight; the commercial of them as various animation styles looks good.