Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    I thought the one-hour "episode" was/were decent (hate when shows do that; make it a full long one). Some funny parts, but not as great as the previous one. My DVR cut out the visual (but the sound continued) when Farnsworth commented on their uniforms in the store. Did I miss anything awesome over those 30-60 seconds?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I thought the one-hour "episode" was/were decent (hate when shows do that; make it a full long one). Some funny parts, but not as great as the previous one. My DVR cut out the visual (but the sound continued) when Farnsworth commented on their uniforms in the store. Did I miss anything awesome over those 30-60 seconds?
    Ugh, that sucks! Try your On Demand or Hulu or something as there were a lot. Dune movie costumes, a 2001: A Space Odyssey Pan Am uniform, a Classic Trek red shirt, Zoidberg in Stormtrooper armor, Farnsworth in the Zardoz costume, and Leela as Barbarella.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I did see the Stormtrooper, Dune, and red Trek ones. I might avoid seeking out the Farnsworth choice, though; no animated nightmares for me!

And Futurama is cancelled again. Comedy Central announced today that they are done with the show after the end of this season. The producers are looking at other stations to carry the show beyond this season, but it seems doubtful at the moment.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

What does Comedy Central have that's better? Not counting TDS and Colbert, of course.

The network has forgotten that they're supposed to be funny. 99% of their shows are "edgy," but without the actual humor. South Park and Chapelle sorta gave them the wrong impression. Sure, those shows are (or were) edgy as hell, but they're funny. I watch something like Tosh.0 and only see the most compelling argument for euthanasia ever recorded.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Eh, I'd rather see it go out when it's still good than keep going long past when it should have stopped (Groening's other series springs to mind). I'll be honest, I haven't been quite as into these Comedy Central episodes as the first few seasons anyway. They've been good, but really nothing to compare with what's come before. Hopefully the last batch will contain some gems.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    What does Comedy Central have that's better? Not counting TDS and Colbert, of course.

The network has forgotten that they're supposed to be funny. 99% of their shows are "edgy," but without the actual humor. South Park and Chapelle sorta gave them the wrong impression. Sure, those shows are (or were) edgy as hell, but they're funny. I watch something like Tosh.0 and only see the most compelling argument for euthanasia ever recorded.
    Key and Peele are pretty hilarious (in numerous clips I've seen online) and Workaholics is funny more often than not. You're right that Tosh.0 is garbage, but the whole channel isn't that way.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I haven't watched those, but will try to at some point. I've just gotten so used to everything else on Comedy Central being awful.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Great CC shows (+ = no longer airing):
    - Daily Show
    - Colbert Report
    - new Jeff Dunham/"Fluffy" specials
    - Futurama +
    - Chappelle's Show +
    - Important Things +
    - Win Ben Stein's Money +
    - MST 3000 +
    - uh...

Decent CC shows:
    - Key & Peele
    - occasional Roast of... specials
    - Friday stand-up specials
    - Battlebots +
    - Reno 911! +
    - Sarah Silverman Program +
    - Upright Citizens Brigade +

Awful CC shows:
    - ******* +
    - *********** +
    - ****** +
    - etc.
    (I won't dignify them by actually listing their titles)

Hmm. I was going to read your list, but I experienced cognitive dissonance when Jeff Dunham and Gabriel Iglesias were described as "great" and my brain refused to read any further.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I determine "great" by if I am made to laugh. Those two consistently do so, while others do not.
    You are welcome!