Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    Couple more weeks to the first of the last (episode of season, respectively); Wed. June 19th.
    "That's what Sheev said."

The first two shows of the last year have been pretty funny, at least to me.

Oh, when I went to the state capitol in Utah, they had a statue of this guy. :goodnewseveryone: I provide a photo for you below, and you can read the base's description. Wha-aaah???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_8238.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	27635  

Philo Farnsworth, pioneer of television technology and a named ancestor of my avatarsake.

I really liked 2D Flattop, the season premiere, but it felt like it ran out of gas once it got to the 2D part. The second one was a little better in that it used more characters, but definitely would have felt weak if it had been the premiere by itself.

Last night's T... the Terrestrial seemed like it had a lot of funny ideas but not solid execution of them, leaving it just "ok". Jrrr as a lad was interesting but they didn't touch on his prior connection to Fry at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Philo Farnsworth, pioneer of television technology and a named ancestor of my avatarsake.

Jrrr as a lad was interesting but they didn't touch on his prior connection to Fry at all.
    Maybe this episode was a "prequel," before they'd encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Maybe this episode was a "prequel," before they'd encountered.
    The episode where Fry met Jrrr was when Jrrr was a poppler, so that'd be a hell of complex prequel explanation.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Why do I want to play Wheel of Fortune now?

Pat Sajek: "I need three letters; two consonants and a vowel."
    Me: "C... G... and I. I'll solve the puzzle: C.G.I. CAN FIX ANYTHING."
    Pat: "Correct!"

So far, the first three episodes of the final season have been pretty good. I totally missed how Bender's song was made "real." Liked the carbonite imagery.

Last night's episode was the 4th episode of the season.

Bender took a photo of Silicon Red's guitar, then had a scientist go into that file from Bender's "folk singer" memory folder and create a wireframe that was then output to a 3D printer. They then forgot to disconnect Bender's folder from the 3D printer's wireless connection, so the 3D printer simply kept printing out working copies of the unique imagery in Bender's song. It was a bit of a stretch, but got by.

I was disappointed the carbonite gag at the beginning really didn't go anywhere towards the end, it was and then was over.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Last night's episode was the 4th episode of the season.

Bender took a photo of Silicon Red's guitar, then had a scientist go into that file from Bender's "folk singer" memory folder and create a wireframe that was then output to a 3D printer. They then forgot to disconnect Bender's folder from the 3D printer's wireless connection, so the 3D printer simply kept printing out working copies of the unique imagery in Bender's song. It was a bit of a stretch, but got by.

I was disappointed the carbonite gag at the beginning really didn't go anywhere towards the end, it was and then was over.
    Wait; what? Four? I'll bet there was a two half-hour shows day then, right? Grrr... I've seen Jrr's merit badge, the 2D world, and folk singer Bender. What's the subject (or title) of the "missing" episode?

I meant I missed it during the show, prior to them explaining it.

Yeah, I did expect more of it to return in the plot (perhaps how to stop Big Caboose's [correct name?] revenge), but it was still chuckle-worthy.

Big Caboose, yeah, that was kinda funny in itself.

Oh, I get ya, the show didn't sell why these things were happening until they clearly explained it.

2D Blacktop was the premiere and it was immediately followed by Fry & Leela's Big Fling, where they go on a romantic getaway.