Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's your (collecting) problem(s)?

We all face hardships in this obsessive hobby that we've entered. I thought that sharing them may either give you a chance to rant or actually give someone else a chance to help (either through advice or some other way). Let everyone know what is bugging you.

Here are mine:

I need a loose Kitik Keed'kak for my diorama. They seem to never show up loose on ebay, and the packaged ones are expensive.

Same complaint for my Jedi Council diorama in terms of Trebor Coleman and Pablo-Jill.

I also need one Jedi Council chair, and I don't feel like spending $30 for it.

Xizor. My kids dented mine. I've bought four off ebay, and they all come damaged. Was mine the last mint version that existed?

G3-5LE. Someone bought one for me at Disney, kept it for four months, and dented the heck out of it. I seem to only find them as a set on ebay.

Yakface. I never got it back in '83 ('84?). I figure this will be the last figure I buy when it all goes away (fitting, no?).

What are your problems?

Quote Originally Posted by wedge1968
    Yakface. I never got it back in '83 ('84?). I figure this will be the last figure I buy when it all goes away (fitting, no?).
    Um, granted my memory is a bit rusty, but wasn't there another one released around 98'?
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Jonna, it was in 1997, silly.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

For me the biggest headaches are:
    General lack of figures
    Specifically lack of army builders, with even more focus on Clones.
    Too many damn exclusives. Hasbro, we all go to ALL of the major retailers (If they are around us), so exclusives don't make a hell of a lot of sense. It just makes me have to get up early on a Saturday morning in the cold. Because I'm p!ssed that I had to do that, I WON'T buy anything else (non-star wars) from that store, at least in that particular moment.

In fact the more a specific store has an exclusive (more specifically an OVERPRICED exclusive) the less and LESS I buy from them. Certainly with regards to non star wars stuff.

Oh here's another thing that bothers me with regards to collecting:
    People who bid ridiculous amounts of money for MODERN Star Wars stuff on eBay! With the exception of just a RARE few exclusives, nothing else should go for more than a couple of dollars over what the original cost was. YOU ARE FEEDING INTO THE SCALPER MENTALITY!!!
    Move along, move along

i don't know. maybe to many repackages of figures. tired of all the different clones. if they were not shown in the movie. don't make them. why is commander cody smaller than the clone soldiers.he look stupid this way. where are the figures . i am tired of going to the flea market and seeing dumb prices. i saw a red arc clone trooper from clone wars going for $75 bucks. the guy will never sell it at that.

My problem prior to the Saga line was never being able to find the figures I needed. Ever since the new line has started to come out Ive been getting my figures from a freind in California at retail pricing maybe 2-3 weeks before they start hitting the stores. So I can happily say that I no longer have any collecting problems.

i always lose accessories and my jedi figures often fall off the shelves and their saber blades break in the process.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

My issues:

1) I live in Oregon, you can never find anything because the wharehouses dont send stuff here.

2)Distribution as a whole both by Hasbro and to the store. If they put equal amounts of each figure in each case, and made more available it would be easyer, figuratively to get every figure in each wave.

3) Declining value of vintage figures. I agree with what was previously said, scalpers are driving up the prices of modern figures and vintage figures have taken a header in value, dispite the fact that ones in good to great shape are harder to come by every year that passes.

4) They dont make the figures we want, and when they do, the quailty sucks, yes that includes articuation, paint, and sculpt.

5)Lastly only here do people help each other out.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

Distribution is my gripe. Also scene specific figures and such. Hate those.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten