Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Even McCallum saying that makes me think this is all a smokescreen for something else, or a con job.
    "Blue Harvest 2" perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    "Blue Harvest 2" perhaps?
    Boredom Beyond Imagination?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    It's all a front so that they can secretly work on Episode VII. The cast and crew are being held captive so that there are no leaks.
    Lucas would just do the whole film in CG to prevent leaks.

Now if only he could get a computer to write his scripts... or perhaps a smart monkey.

chirp, chirp... chirp, chirp...

Is that the sound of crickets chirping in this thread???

Heaven forbid Lucas and Co. should do something to build a little interest and enthusiasm for this TV thing.

Looks like Lucasfilm has no idea what "strike while the iron is hot" means:

How is the live-action Star Wars TV show progressing?
    It's been exciting because we've had the opportunity to meet over 200 writers. George and I had a fantastic time in England, where we met about 35 or 40 writers. We met a lot in the United States, a couple in Paris, Prague, and Budapest, and then we're off to Australia at the end of July. We're trying to get a group of about five or six people from all around the world. I'm hopefully going to start the writers' conferences later this year. It'll take about six months to get the scripts, so by about 2009 we hope to actually be shooting.
    (From starwars.com)

Ever notice how, every time anyone "in the know" says anything about this show, it seems to move back a year? Now McCallum's talking about starting filming "by about 2009 we hope."

Anyone want to bet this show is never actually going to materialize, and it's all a smokescreen to try to keep us interested in buying little plastic men?

Tommy, close your eyes.

I stopped buying little plastic men a few years ago but I'd still watch a TV show (even if it was Clone Wars volume III).

I'm actually surprised that they're being as optimistic as they are. 2009 isn't as far away as all that... not in terms of a big TV show.

They're in no hurry though. Obviously not hurting for money, and they're willing to take it easy to draw out the interest for as long as possible.

Yes... little plastic men...

Yeah, they're not hurting for money. But ROTS failed to save the prequels, and now the books and comics are eschewing storytelling for complete and total fan wank, and Hasbro is bound and determined to sink the action figure line within the next year, so I think they're overestimating the ability of a lot of once hardcore fans to stay interested.

I know I seem really damned negative lately, but it's getting tougher and tougher to be positive when talking about anything to do with Lucas.
    Tommy, close your eyes.