Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    If that's the case, maybe he'll bump his shin at the end of the credits and say "Ow, ow, ow" over and over until it stops being funny, then long enough to make it funny again.
    I think you've been watching too much Family Guy.:lipsrseal
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Ok, here is the news article I was thinking of: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32278

Here is the full article. No mention of Young Luke. It specifically says all new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by empireonline.com
    Exclusive: Star Wars And Indy IV
    Rick McCallum on Lucasfilm's line-up

The big news is that George Lucas has approved an Indiana Jones IV script and returned it to Spielberg for more polishing, and that the Star Wars TV show is a go as Rick McCallum attended last night’s Sony Ericsson Empire Awards.

He was there because Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was picking up Best Sci-Fi Film and Scene of the Year at last night’s Sony Ericsson Empire Awards, but he gave a few more tidbits on Lucasfilm’s next few projects.

First up, the Stars Wars TV series that we’ve been hearing about since Sith came out. “That’s not going to happen probably for another year and a half while we develop scripts and everything else. But it’s fantastic; we’ve got some incredible writers. It’s going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it’s going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They’ll be one-hour episode. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. It’s going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off.”

But where does this leave Lucas’s long-cherished World War II fighter pilots film Red Tails? Or, for that matter, a certain Dr Jones?

“We’re working on Red Tails right now. George is writing the script as we speak. He’s just finished the Indiana Jones script, and Steven’s having that rewritten and a few things done. And then we start hopefully in October or November looking for another writer for Red Tails when George puts together his ideas of what he wants it to be. Then hopefully next year we’ll start on that.”

Red Tails and Indiana Jones IV and a Star Wars TV show all lined up and headed our way? Has Christmas come early? Let’s just hope that Spielberg gets sufficiently fired up over this latest script to give up on that year long holiday idea and make Indy IV already!
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quick things.

I've never heard any mention of the Luke thing. I'm pretty sure what El Chuxter said about it being "an oblique reference to that time period, not Luke's actual (presumably boring) life" is exactly correct.

So don't freak out. Over the next year there's bound to be lots of rumors and stories going around.

About the Indy script... months ago, they told Steve and I (at the Ep.III DVD press junket) that Lucas had just completed writing the script, and was about to hand it over to Spielberg. Also, that they'd been working on "Red Tails" -- interviewing old pilots and all of that. (So, no new news there either.)
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 03-22-2006 at 02:21 AM.

So George did write it, eh ? Thanks for the info PF. I'm curious to see who gets the screenwriting credit on that one because I'm sure Spielberg will change things up...but will it be enough to impact the credit? I'm not exactly sure how the process works for writing credit.

If they do it up right, it might be an interesting series. We would be able to see the friendship between Luke and Biggs, stories involving some of the other characters is the book like Deak, Camie and Fixer. Plus perhaps we will see the long lost toshe station scenes.

I think the series should also involve Leia as she grows up in the Senate as the Princess Organa.

I am against the idea that Vader will not be in the series, I think the show will need Vader and perhaps more of the hunting down of the Jedi. A good launch would be a series of episodes based off the book : Dark Lord The Rise of Darth Vader. As far as having some of the films stars in the series, they could do one episode with Ewan and Liam at least, they did it with Harrison for the first Young Indy episode.

Also I would love to see the birth of the Rebellion and the Empire, possibly even a back story about Kyle Katarn. The Series could be a door that opens up the world of EU.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave

It's Smallville time for Star Wars. Ugh.
    They sure as heck better not have some trendy music soundtrack.

I can hear it now............

REMY ZERO sings-

"SOMEBODY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHH MEEEEE!!!!!"..............
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    I am against the idea that Vader will not be in the series, I think the show will need Vader and perhaps more of the hunting down of the Jedi. A good launch would be a series of episodes based off the book : Dark Lord The Rise of Darth Vader.
    You know it would be good if it included TheDarthVader.

I agree. I hope this tv series has more plot to it than just luke's life.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

The crazy adventures of Luke, Deak, Biggs, Windy, SK00-B-D00, Camie and Fixer. Speeding around in a souped up multi-person transport speeder they solve mysteries like no other. Run into bounty hunters and many very similar looking villains, and save the day. "Why that's not old Gooner Hump the Aqualish trader from Mos Mospa, that's Mr. Greentree the pawnbroker from Toshi station!" "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you medling kids"

See the spills the thrills the chases and the all too present in-jokes on your TV in 2008. Don't miss it.

Nothing more exciting than watching an 8-year-old get browbeaten every day into checking to see how the moisture harvest is coming along.

"Any moisture yet?"
    "Um... nope."
    "... How 'bout now?"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"You'd better find some moisture, or there'll be hell to pay. And don't go following crazy old Ben Kenobi on some damned fool crusade."
    Tommy, close your eyes.