Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I can see Luke being in some shows. If it makes it the full 100 episodes, you might see a lead in over the last few shows somehow. 100 epsidoes about Tatooine will be like watching Ishtar over and over. Fork to the eye please.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

A story arc involving a young Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Dengar would be nice, with perhaps one episode where Han first meets up with Chewie. Maybe even toss in a little bit of his friendship with Lando. Doesn't have to be the whole series, just a few of the total episodes to add to the backstories of the characters, and keep fan interest alive.

If Dengar's in it, I nominated mabs to play him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I seriously doubt that this show is going to make it to 100 episodes.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Since Lucas is self-producing it, even if it gets bad ratings he will get it to however many eps he wants, even Mutant X ran for 3 seasons in syndication, and Andromeda went for 5 season in syndication.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd say Lucas is rubbing his hands with glee at the merchandizing possibilties of this new series, he probably has thousands of artists workin 24/7 on millions of new droid & ship variations that he will cram into every frame of every episode. This and not his desire to have an entire series written before it airs is why we wont see this show till 2008. Rubbing himself with glee I tell ya

well if it does make 100 episodes it'll have done well and make schedulers more accepting if GL went did a show about the missing years between TPM and AOTC. Even a miniseries length story. That ten year jump really annoyed me. kinda negated any need for TPM at all. a brief exposition from Obi or Anakin at the start of AOTC could have worked just as well as that whole ambling shambling morass that was TPM.

So yeah, recall Hayden and Natalie and Ewan and do those ten years and ditch episode one. Perfect solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS
    That ten year jump really annoyed me. kinda negated any need for TPM at all. a brief exposition from Obi or Anakin at the start of AOTC could have worked just as well as that whole ambling shambling morass that was TPM.
    Yep. It was annoyingly inconsistent with the timescale structure of the OT and it resulted in a total disconnect between the Anakin of Episode I and the Anakin of Episode II. They might aswell not be the same person - and hey they aren't. Its different actors playing one (unmasked) character. Never a good thing. Not to mention the cop out of leaving so much vital character stuff offscreen to merely be implied by the odd throwaway line. Worst decision that could possibly have been made. Off topic. Sorry I just couldn't resist.

So what would you guys call the do-over of The Phantom Menace and how many mini-series episodes would it be?

As long as it's called
    Star Wars Episode I, Episode I: _________
    followed by
    Star Wars Episode I, Episode II: _________
    and so forth...

Anyway, as you can see I don't really care what the subtitles are as long as they follow that numbering pattern.

Caesar So what would you guys call the do-over of The Phantom Menace and how many mini-series episodes would it be?

As long as it's called
    Star Wars Episode I, Episode I: _________
    followed by
    Star Wars Episode I, Episode II: _________
    and so forth...

Anyway, as you can see I don't really care what the subtitles are as long as they follow that numbering pattern.
    How about the inevitable 2 part sweeps episode :
    Star Wars Episode I, Episode I: part I, The Menace Revealed
    Star Wars Episode I ,Episode I: part II, When Clones Attack !