Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I'd just call it star wars and give each episode a subtitle. maybe use some footage from TPM in holovid. discard the jar jar stuff and the midichlorians mumbo jumbo. Discard Maul for the most part besides mentioning that he slayed Qui-Gon. Introduce more Coruscant corruption, more intrigue, Use Dooku a bit more, make more sense of the separatists, Show the jedi trials, Make more of the way the jedi are actually revered across the galaxy in order that their fall from grace is all the more poignant.
    Do something with the Hutts. They control the outer rim so we've been told so why not make something of that we got Jabba and Gardulla and spice smuggling, gambling, bounty hunters, so why not go there and explore that.
    set the scene across the galaxy rather than concentrate on an annoying whiney kid and a cradle snatching do-gooder bimbo. I'm not saying completely ignore the central story but a small thread of that woven through a larger picture would make more of a prologue to me. I think it work just as well to start the anakin story from the point of having arrived and begun jedi training. if part of the training meant policing Coruscants underbelly then that in itself would be far more interesting in terms of story and character development than that whole slow drag through TPM.

in fact it should even be possible to still have TPM work in the story arc but also be detachable and have a prequel era tv show form the beginning if you wanted to start from there. All it needs is careful writing. Lord knows there's enough writers out there capable of taking on the task.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS
    well if it does make 100 episodes it'll have done well and make schedulers more accepting if GL went did a show about the missing years between TPM and AOTC. Even a miniseries length story. That ten year jump really annoyed me. kinda negated any need for TPM at all. a brief exposition from Obi or Anakin at the start of AOTC could have worked just as well as that whole ambling shambling morass that was TPM.

So yeah, recall Hayden and Natalie and Ewan and do those ten years and ditch episode one. Perfect solution.
    I don't think networks are yet trusting of Lucas, after the relatively underwhelming performance of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

TPM wasn't necessary, Lucas said that 20% of the prequels story takes place there and he had a hard time padding it out to the full length. Really, it's just "Obi-Wan finds and decides to train Anakin" and "Palpatine made chancellor", both of which could be shown with 2 minutes of exposition dialogue in AOTC. I don't believe there's anything important to the larger Star Wars tale that takes place between TPM and AOTC, except the few months before AOTC which was covered by the Holonet News website Lucasfilm set up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    TPM wasn't necessary, Lucas said that 20% of the prequels story takes place there and he had a hard time padding it out to the full length.
    Not much happens in the first hour or so of ROTJ either for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    What are you talking about? It shows Luke heading down the dark side plus the resuce of Han and (at t hat time) introduces Jabba the Hutt
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    What are you talking about? It shows Luke heading down the dark side plus the resuce of Han and (at t hat time) introduces Jabba the Hutt
    Listen to the commentary Lucas even says he was just trying to fill up two hours worth of film. Why would we need to be introduced to Jabba? We meet him in E I and E IV???

Read, at that time in the parenttheseseseses.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    The first hour of ROTJ is mainly action filler meant to follow up on the ESB ending, as well as show Luke's new superpowers, and then finish up with Yoda's death and Luke's final determinations. It's an aside, but not an entirely unfair one in the serials scheme of things. The difference between that and TPM as filler is that TPM is supposed to be the first act and thus the foundation of the rest, ROTJ is working of off the foundation built by ANH and ESB, and finishes up those tales by the end - TPM just barely opens the door. It's not great, but ROTJ is different from TPM in that regard.

Listen to the commentary Lucas even says he was just trying to fill up two hours worth of film. Why would we need to be introduced to Jabba? We meet him in E I and E IV???
    That's what Lucas said about Ep 1 as well, and we were originally introduced to Jabba in ROTJ, you can make all the retcons you want but the movie was made BEFORE Jabba was seen anywhere else.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd like to see a Shadows of the Empire miniseries (which takes place between Empire and Jedi) with new actors playing all the old parts so they could then make TV shows beyond Jedi with the new actors playing the old parts. Of course, this is lunacy talking, which is why it's in very small print...

I heard that it's gonna be called "Star Wars Babies" and that it follows the exploits of all of our favorite Star Wars characters, but back when they were rambunctious toddlers who traveled the galaxy looking for adventure.
    plasticfetish.net

Maybe they can use their imaginations and see scenes from the Muppet movies. That'd be wizard.
    Tommy, close your eyes.