Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Star Wars TV Show About Luke Skywalker - debuts 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4808746.stm

Star Wars series to run and run

The TV series spin-off of the Stars Wars film franchise will run to at least 100 episodes, according to producer Rick McCallum.

He told BBC Radio 1 the writing team would soon be meeting to start on the project, which would begin filming in 2008 and be ready the same year.

"Hopefully if we can make it work and everybody's excited and watches it we will keep on going," said McCallum.

The series will be set between episodes three and four of the film saga.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

McCallum said there would be "a whole bunch of new characters" and the series would be "much more dramatic and darker".

Huge franchise

He added that it was unlikely any of the stars of the movies would be involved in the TV series.

Star Wars creator George Lucas has just completed writing the script for the next Indiana Jones film and will then begin work on Red Tails, about African-American pilots in World War II.

Following completion of that film, work will begin on the Star Wars TV series.

There has already been a Star Wars series spin-off in the shape of the animated Clone Wars, which began as three-minute episodes before they were expanded to 30-minute shows.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, released in 2005, marked the end of the end of the Star Wars saga on the big screen.

It became the biggest film franchise in history, with the final film alone taking 500m at the box office outside of the US.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.
    Interesting. Note that it could be an oblique reference to that time period, not Luke's actual (presumably boring) life.

Also, only 18-19 years of the timeline from TPM to ROTS are unaccounted for onscreen.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If it's about Luke it won't last long, how many Boonta Eve races in his T-16 can we watch ?

I think (hope) that you're right about it being a reference to the time period, Chux.

Did G Lu write the script for Indy Quad ? I doubt it, I think that's a generalization as well. They probably mean that he's overseeing the finishing of it since he is the Exec Producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Did G Lu write the script for Indy Quad ? I doubt it, I think that's a generalization as well. They probably mean that he's overseeing the finishing of it since he is the Exec Producer.
    I read that somebody else wrote the script (I don't remember who) and then G Lu 'tweeked' it, El Spielbego and Harrison will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I read that somebody else wrote the script (I don't remember who) and then G Lu 'tweeked' it, El Spielbego and Harrison will do the same.
    Frank Darabont wrote a draft at the request of Spielberg, but Lucas rejected it. GL is still playing the ego card because of the Darabont/Phantom Menace situation. So Lucas told his partners that he'd take a stab at it. We all saw what happened the last time GL wrote a screenplay (TPM ) With that as a model, Indy IV should make a great video game.

Well I guess this is good news, although I'm not so sure if I want to watch the "Young Luke Skywalker Story."

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    Well I guess this is good news, although I'm not so sure if I want to watch the "Young Luke Skywalker Story."
    Day 2,092

Dear Diary,
    I made a sand angel today and a sand castle, but the space cats keep cr@pping in my accomplishments. I really hate all this sand. Some day I'm going to get off this rock.

Day 2,578

Dear Diary,
    I can't take it any more! There's sand everywhere! I think I'm going to kill myself. (This is the teen drama episode.)

Day 2,789

Dear Diary,
    More sand....
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Maybe him Wedge and the others are some sort of A-Team saving Tatooine from disaster.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

If that's the case, maybe he'll bump his shin at the end of the credits and say "Ow, ow, ow" over and over until it stops being funny, then long enough to make it funny again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This is exactly what I was afraid of... The Young Luke Skywalker Chronicles.

It's Smallville time for Star Wars. Ugh.