Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any chance of a FX ANH version of the Luke Saber?

This is the one I've been waiting for more than any other!!

wouldnt that be the Anakin saber with a different name. Ala Hasbro!!!

The ANH saber is significantly different from the ROTS Anakin saber, and has several subtle differences from the ESB Luke saber (such as a smaller underside button near the emitter, a different activation plate, and a different D-ring placement). I would say the odds are good that MR will eventually do a Luke ANH saber, they did the ESB Vader saber with great success and recently released the ANH Vader saber with success as well. Since the Vader ANH came before the Luke ESB, the time frame is not yet challenged, but I would think the Luke ANH will take a while longer simply because the ROTS Anakin saber came out last year and is similar.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The ANH saber is significantly different from the ROTS Anakin saber, and has several subtle differences from the ESB Luke saber (such as a smaller underside button near the emitter, a different activation plate, and a different D-ring placement). I would say the odds are good that MR will eventually do a Luke ANH saber, they did the ESB Vader saber with great success and recently released the ANH Vader saber with success as well. Since the Vader ANH came before the Luke ESB, the time frame is not yet challenged, but I would think the Luke ANH will take a while longer simply because the ROTS Anakin saber came out last year and is similar.
    The Luke ESB saber and ANH saber are the same thing.

There is a graflex Luke ANH FX that over at fx-sabers.com and that's about as close to an FX that we have seen so far, but it's using a Luxeon bulb.

I have one myself and it's prety cool actually
    Now i'd like to get a ANH FX with traditional LED's and the ladder effect

If yer waiting for an ANH Luke FX its gonna be a while.

As JT said above, the ANH saber is very similar to the ESB saber and they've already done an FX of that one. Since MR just now stopped production of the Anakin FX its gonna be a while till you see the Luke ANH.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

What would the next set of FX's be for next year?

Short of a Qui Gon which probably the most likely of all the PT saber since Yodas is so small, Dooku's' in awkward and Sidieous the same as Yoda in terms of smallness

smaller sabers....

i think a smaller FX saber would sell like gang busters...
    maybe a smaller diameter and shorter blade as to replicate yoda and sidious would be freakin sweet...just not sure if MR can make the hardware that much smaller than they already have it. i mean im sure the little padawans had smaller sabers for their little hands.

Well over at fx-sabers.com we have been playing with Graflex and it's not impossible to squeeze all the electronics in a smaller hilt, but it's just not cost effective and time consuming.

The technology has advanced especially with the Maul using smaller voltage units and a smaller batteries
    "It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
    Count Dooku

Quote Originally Posted by James31278
    The Luke ESB saber and ANH saber are the same thing.
    No, they're not. The ANH saber has the calculator-bubbles activation plate while the ESB one has the circuit-board plate. The ANH saber has the small "test lens" under the front of the emitter while the ESB one has a second red button. The ANH saber has 7 grips while the ESB has 6, and the ESB ones have holes drilled near the bottom that the ANH ones don't. The ANH and ESB sabers also have different D-ring assemblies.

Welcome to Nerdsville, population: <-- this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosis
    What would the next set of FX's be for next year?

Short of a Qui Gon which probably the most likely of all the PT saber since Yodas is so small, Dooku's' in awkward and Sidieous the same as Yoda in terms of smallness
    Qui-Gon's saber actually has no center material in the "coins" cuts, so that'd have to be filled in like the Hasbro versions. Besides that one, there's also Obi-Wan's TPM and AOTC saber(s, they're actually different from each other), they never did that one yet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.