Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no figures

Angry no figures

hi peeps i live in parkersburg west virginia and i was recently told by some wal-mart emplyees that they will not be selling any of the new saga figures.
    because there is some kinda copy write legal issues goin on right now. does anyone know anything about that?

Thats a load of bull. I have bought many a Saga figure from WM this year, actually all of them and some for others. Dont believe they hype.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I've bought many and still see many Saga figs at WM. You should go back to the store and kick that employee right in the ding ding.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Copyright will never be an issue with these figures since lucas owns the movies, all likeness, a large portion of Hasbro (or at least he did), and virtually anything Star Wars related. Lucas is a merchandising juggernaut. I'm sure if retail stores somehow wanted to block him, he would just buy them out or create a new chain. He may not be the best director/writer but I will never doubt his ability to merchandise.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by jedi67
    hi peeps i live in parkersburg west virginia and i was recently told by some wal-mart emplyees that they will not be selling any of the new saga figures. because there is some kinda copy write legal issues goin on right now. does anyone know anything about that?
    Yep, sounds like bad info. Wal*Mart has had some distribution problems, (which means "make up a story so that we don't have to admit that we have a distribution problem, because we're perfect") but it's been fixed now as far as I can tell.

I hit two different Wal*Marts over the weekend and they both had a pretty good, but small, spread of figures.

A ploy??

You know, I see posts like this all the time. Is this some type of Wal Mart or Target ploy to keep collectors from coming in and buying figures? Or are the employees of these stores that ignorant?
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

I personally don't think they are ignorant, I think there is a conspiracy against Star Wars collector's in general. I look at the way the hot wheels crowd is treated at stores by employees and the way I'm treated when i ask a simple question like "could you scan the tag and see if any Star Wars figures are coming in" and get a response, and this is true and has happened to me more than once "we are going to stop selling those" which I know is not true, just an answer to PMO.

Because uninformed people who aren't paid enough to care about customer service usually don't.

But I have to ask: did this guy's nametag say "Hello, My Name Is Robin S Flantdig?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Because uninformed people who aren't paid enough to care about customer service usually don't.
    There's no better answer to this issue than what you just said. Chuxter!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble
    You know, I see posts like this all the time. Is this some type of Wal Mart or Target ploy to keep collectors from coming in and buying figures? Or are the employees of these stores that ignorant?
    Stories like, "there is some kinda copy write legal issues goin on right now" are told by employees who have no idea what's really goin' on right now, and they're too afraid to simply say, "I don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by star junky
    I think there is a conspiracy against Star Wars collector's in general.
    There's no conspiracy. If a collector wanders into the understaffed Target or Wal*Mart and pesters the poorly paid employee about toys, then they're bound to be labeled a problem. Even if you're not that collector, they'll begin to think of you and others as a potential problem. That's just the way it is. We've all had jobs, we've all had to deal with people that annoy us, and regardless of the professional face you're required to wear when dealing with them, we all know how much it sucks. Time to get real about this... I repeat... there is no conspiracy.

If you want something from the people that work in these stores, then do whatever you can to be friendly and to avoid seeming like a pain-in-the-a** toy collector stereotype. Be nice, make friends and don't expect miracles because these stores aren't heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    did this guy's nametag say "Hello, My Name Is Robin S Flantdig?"
    Huh?