Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    I watched this episode the other night and couldnt put my finger on it. Now that you mention his name, it his him.

BTW. this is a gret a show.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Got back late last night from San Diego, and had to work today, so I'm a bit tired, but thought I'd post...

Really sad that I missed this Friday's Doctor Who episode, but got to sit in on the Torchwood panel at the con. Torchwood season one starts up here in the states, September 8th at 9pm on BBC America.

The panel was great. Lead writer Chris Chibnall, writer Noel Clarke (who plays Mickey on Doctor Who), Producer Richard Stokes, and Prosthetics Supervisor (For both Doctor Who and Torchwood) Matt O'Toole, talked about the show.

Also manged to pick up the two exclusive Comic-Con figures from underground toys... but that's for another thread.

Daleks Take Manhattan wasn't my cup of tea, but I did recognize Panaka right off. I was digging him until Friday's part 2 when he turned into a total wuss.

This season has been weird, not as good as the previous 2 but still alright. Martha is a bit of a snore, but I like how she's supposed to remind the Doctor that Rose was better, that's a nifty trick right there.

At the con, I picked up the TARDIS coin bank (talks, lights, makes "the sound") and the Sonic Screwdriver toy set, both totally worth it. I wish I had more money to have bought the TARDIS playset or some of the other pieces, hopefully someone here in the states will pick up the line from Underground Toys (they're only wholesaling at this point).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never watched the first two season, but I kind of dig Martha.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Hmm, that must be confusing when The Doctor goes on about Rose Tyler then. Martha seems to know it as well. Of course, The Doctor has so many past adventures we don't all know about that he can do that sort of thing and get away with it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This season has been weird, not as good as the previous 2 but still alright. Martha is a bit of a snore, but I like how she's supposed to remind the Doctor that Rose was better, that's a nifty trick right there.
    I think things will pick up a little as the season moves along... not that a human Dalek hybrid is going to be easy to top.

I like Martha. Rose was great, but a little... whiney perhaps. It's nice to see the Doctor with someone more proactive.

At the con, I picked up the TARDIS coin bank (talks, lights, makes "the sound") and the Sonic Screwdriver toy set, both totally worth it. I wish I had more money to have bought the TARDIS playset or some of the other pieces, hopefully someone here in the states will pick up the line from Underground Toys (they're only wholesaling at this point).
    It took a lot of restraint to keep from spending all of our gas and hotel money at that booth. The kid bought an Ood figure also... so tempting to buy more.

I did ask about when and if their product would star turning up in stores. I'm not sure if the lady that I talked to had any idea what I was asking, but I think she mentioned that their product was being distributed by Diamond to various shops.

I liked Rose, she was a bit soap-opera-y in her life but she had the instincts of someone special and was easy on the eyes too. Martha is attractive as well, but both her looks and her character seem a tad too generic for me. Plus, her pining after the Doctor is just pap at this point, she's known him a whole 2 weeks or something!

I hope you lads bought at least 1 Doctor figure then, an Ood by itself is not a fun thing (unless you're spacing them ).

They told us officially that they're only wholesaling and anybody can buy for distribution, but they didn't mention Diamond specifically. Diamond is a frustration on the wallet and patience but they do get stuff like this into yer hands.

A good epsiode tonight. Being that I started watching this season, I would like to know who Harold Saxon is. Is he from a past season or his he brand new?

Damnit, I just accidentally read a spoiler about the character which TOTALLY changes some things for me!

Anyway, I believe Harold Saxon's new to this season.

Last night was a good episode mixed with some really bad effects. I liked that the Doctor was ready to drop Martha off for good, that was a good twist. And the whole concept of the Doctor understanding what Lazarus was trying to do because he himself has gone through it was pretty good. I am not in love with how they're portraying Martha's mother, but it's better than Rose's mum.

I missed it on Friday because it wasn't on at the usual time due to Flash Gordon. I normally watch Monk at 9pm and watch the second showing of Doctor Who at 11pm, but it wasn't on. I think it was on at midnight, so I set the VCR to record it. Yesterday I went to watch it and it wasn't there. Not sure went wrong. I must have forgot to turn the VCR off.