Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    there's a new tardis out that has lights and sound that are motion activated and an interior space to get figures in. plus the public telephone hatch on the front door opens up. I'll review it once i get it in my hands.

not going to say anything much but season three is mixed and has some decent episodes and a decent story arc running through. Martha and her Mum develop well. and there's some nice nods to the original run of Who for anyone who saw that.

season four just started filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I missed it on Friday because it wasn't on at the usual time due to Flash Gordon. I normally watch Monk at 9pm and watch the second showing of Doctor Who at 11pm, but it wasn't on. I think it was on at midnight, so I set the VCR to record it. Yesterday I went to watch it and it wasn't there. Not sure went wrong. I must have forgot to turn the VCR off.
    If you're anything like me, you accidentally selected the current date instead of the next day's date - that's why I try to set my VCR for 11:59pm start times now if it's a midnight show.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    there's a new tardis out that has lights and sound that are motion activated and an interior space to get figures in. plus the public telephone hatch on the front door opens up. I'll review it once i get it in my hands.
    New? That playset's been out a year, if it's the one I'm thinking of - they had it at SDCC and it was a lot of fun, very cool.

not going to say anything much but season three is mixed and has some decent episodes and a decent story arc running through. Martha and her Mum develop well.
    That's good to hear. Season 2 was mixed as well but mostly worked.

and there's some nice nods to the original run of Who for anyone who saw that.
    That's putting it mildly, from what I hear!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    If you're anything like me, you accidentally selected the current date instead of the next day's date - that's why I try to set my VCR for 11:59pm start times now if it's a midnight show.
    No, I always set the time with a few minutes on either side. One thing I thought was that maybe I went from 11:58 to 12:02, but I found no trace of the program. My mistake is either forgetting to leave the cable box on (the VCR is recording through that in the current setup), forgetting to turn the VCR off, or having the cable box on the wrong channel.

I found the episode on Youtube in 5 parts, but parts one and two were not there anymore.

Check again, Sci-Fi will usuaaly re-run them again during the week.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Check again, Sci-Fi will usuaaly re-run them again during the week.
    I searched with the on-screen guide and only found old episodes, except for maybe CBC which is ahead of Sci-Fi with newer episodes. I'll check again though.

Well, I did a week long search for you on my DVR and it came up negative. BUT they are showing a mini marathon next Friday morning of season one with Rose from the first episode
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

New? That playset's been out a year, if it's the one I'm thinking of - they had it at SDCC and it was a lot of fun, very cool.
    Not the interior of the Tardis playset, with the console and doorway and cardboard wall section on the door side. the police box itself. they call it 'flight control tardis' so as you whoosh it it makes sounds i think.
    there's a bunch of new toys just come out or just coming out. The Reaper from season one spacesuited doctor with the elevator cage from the satan pit episode to go with a possessed toby and the Ood. nice stuff. weirdest one is Grandma connolly from 'the wire' in season two. she's faceless and comes with a 1950's tv set showing the wire.
    the one I'm really keen to get my hands on is the SDCC exclusive 5" scale damaged Cyberman. tis like gold dust round these parts as you can imagine. and pretty pricey.

the one I'm really keen to get my hands on is the SDCC exclusive 5" scale damaged Cyberman.
    Awww, you could have maybe said something a few weeks ago you know.

I know. I know. well i've got all four of the other variants including the cyber controllers throne so I should be happy with that. And I'm hoping they make a cyberconversion chamber which would be wickedly cool.

Oh the Tardis: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/ind...ducts_id=39865

it is neeeeeeeeat......

Not the interior of the Tardis playset, with the console and doorway and cardboard wall section on the door side. the police box itself. they call it 'flight control tardis' so as you whoosh it it makes sounds i think.
    Ohhhh! That sounds pretty cool. I bought the coin bank version of the Tardis exterior for similar reasons (I don't have any of the figs so all I wanted was the look, the light, and the sound which it has, plus talking).

there's a bunch of new toys just come out or just coming out. The Reaper from season one spacesuited doctor with the elevator cage from the satan pit episode to go with a possessed toby and the Ood. nice stuff. weirdest one is Grandma connolly from 'the wire' in season two. she's faceless and comes with a 1950's tv set showing the wire.
    Yes, that is definitely the weirdest I can imagine! So surprising how much product they've put out in such a short time without being a larger manufacturer, seems to be working for them though.
    the one I'm really keen to get my hands on is the SDCC exclusive 5" scale damaged Cyberman. tis like gold dust round these parts as you can imagine. and pretty pricey.
    That's too bad, they had them even on the last day, that and the damaged Dalek as well, they're just paint variants as far as I could see but they cost double what the regular versions were ($20 vs $10).

Nifty TARDIS playset, cool job how they have the phone pop out. The bank has the phone, but it doesn't pop out, and just inside the doors is a sticker photo of the Doctor (Tennant) with Rose. I gather they already have another version out with Martha in the UK, I'm not sorry I missed that.

But I just realized that the damn bank is flawed, the doors open OUT instead of in!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.