Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    I didn't know there were figures. Got a link? I never dug the Daleks, so that might be a tough sell for me. My grandmother is a major Dr Who fan BTW.

The thing I found out is...

(highlight)
    at the end of this season the Doctor goes from 9th incarnation to 10th, this current actor leaves so soon. Knowing he's only got 2 more lives left feels weird.
    (end highlight)

Which you likely already knew.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, we all knew that...

The BBC site has this great big Doctor Who section with photos, episode guides and fun Flash games. (The Dalek game is fun.)

I agree that it's weird knowing he's only a few lives from the end.

(More in a bit, I've gotta run out...)
    plasticfetish.net

I started watching this on Sci Fi last week. Having never seen any of the episodes before I had zero expectations. I enjoy it so I'll keep watching, if I can remember to (I normally do other stuff Friday nights at that time).

The end of the world episode I thought was pretty cool. Some parts were real well done and really made me think. Other were down right lame. Oh well that's TV for you.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    I've seen some of the Christopher Eccleston Dr. but i don't like him. he's too false. manic. over acts.
    I noticed that, and at first I wasn't sure if I liked him or not, but by the end of the third episode (we just had the one with Dickens, "The Unquiet Dead") I think I'm warming up to him. It's just weird having little details about him leaked out slowly. I don't think it's bad, but it makes me think, "OK. Let's get to it... we know who you are."
    He gets in all the right elements but the episodes lack the tension of older Dr. Who incarnations. he also writes in some horribly mawkish moments. but it's good clean fun I suppose.
    I've picked up on that also, but I've been willing to see if things pick up a bit and become more exciting. Figure it's a new show and it'll need time to get rolling a bit. As far as the sentimental stuff goes... yeah, some of it's almost creepy, but I've always thought the show has a kind of creepy undertone to it. Wandering through time trolling for girly helpers is a bit odd. The fact that they're exchanging flirty glances by the end of the first or second episode is too.
    I'm still having trouble getting used to the new T.A.R.D.I.S. interior though. It's funky, well designed but after all those years of the pokey white version, it seems odd that suddenly there's a huge cathedral like interior.
    Yeah. I'd looked at pictures before we started getting the show over here, and wondered about that. (Can't remember what it looked like for that TV movie with the 8th Doctor.)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I didn't know there were figures. Got a link?
    What do you mean "never dug" the Daleks? (I think I like you're grandmother better than you now.) Had no idea about 5" figures either -- assumed those wobbly Dapol things were all there was -- but I looked it up, and...

http://www.kultureshock.co.uk/v3/cat..._Who_2006.html

...not too bad at all. They're from a company called "Character Options" who I don't know much about.

Here's another pic...

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/do...-figures-l.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I used to try to stay up late to watch the show on PBS, but they would play it late Sunday night, and I would almost always fall asleep
    Me too. For years that's the only way we got 'em here. Also why I never saw much of the 6th and 7th Doctors, as I was more than likely out doing "something" else instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	figure-doctor-moxx.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	13689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm_figure-doctor-rose.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	13690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm_figure-doctor-slitheen.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	13691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm_figure-doctor-suit.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	13692  
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 03-28-2006 at 06:08 AM.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    What do you mean "never dug" the Daleks? (I think I like you're grandmother better than you now.)
    Bite me, PF! Daleks suck, they look like traffic barriers or something you'd find at the end of a runway to keep airplanes from flying off-path, they're ridiculous-looking, it's like if the Borg assimilated mailboxes, like some sort of set piece found on a Terry Gilliam sci-fi film. Any villain that can be defeated by climbing a set of stairs is unworthy of praise.

Had no idea about 5" figures either -- assumed those wobbly Dapol things were all there was -- but I looked it up, and...
    Thanks for the link, Cassandra there is dead-on, Rose looks pretty accurate, the rest look very toy-y.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

OK just saw the K9 episode. with the tenth Dr. and it was - ish ish. had a few moments but not that good over all. K9 was cute if a robot box shaped like a dog can be cute at all. And I'm with JT in thinking the daleks are prety lame. The Emperor dalek only ever makes threats, the daleks themselves though evolving as decades of tv roll by are still just trashcans with sink plungers on the front.

the sculpt on the tenth dr. figure is odd. from one angle it's dead on likeness and from another it's pretty bad.

there's a Dr. Who exhibition of props and costumes coming to my neighbourhood in september. I'm gonna see if I can go. they say there'll be stuff that hasn't been seen on TV so I'll try and take pics if I can. Yeah, a while off yet but should be interesting. Especially as he place the stuff is being exhibited is in one of the roughest parts of town. Think docklands. think industrial. think run down housing and bad roads. think prostitutes and junkies. then think old river ferry terminus converted into exhibition space.

classy venue.

I've watched every episode of the current run on US television, so I only just met Captain Jack. I've liked Doctor number 9, but I never saw any Dr. Who but this one. Most of the episodes so far haven't held too much interest for me, and my biggest reason for watching it is that my brother has seen all of the first season and told me to give it a chance. The episode with Dickens was okay, and I liked the episode where Rose goes back to save her father, but I really enjoyed Empty Child and it's second half (I know the title was something like The Doctor Can Dance). That two-parter was excellent. Harkness held no special interest for me until the last few minutes which made the character for me. His emergency martini was exactly what the scene and character called for.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Tonight's ep was ok, I liked the character interactions, but the ending was a bit too deus ex machina for my tastes. I did like how the Doctor could see right through the villain's actions and behavior though, that was slick. Mickey was kinda funny but he's really outlived his welcome at this point, I hope that's the end of it.

I did like how the Doctor could see right through the villain's actions and behavior though, that was slick.
    Funny them starting to make the Doctor a bit more slick, with the catching the dart and all of that... a bit Jedi like. That whole episode was good, but a bit too "TV drama" for me. I can see what Jarg... errr... Mr. Daddypants was saying about the mawkish moments now.

Just the same, we're enjoying the show a lot. The kid really loves it. Last week the, "Are you my mommy?" freaked him out, but he's pretty jazzed up about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Any villain that can be defeated by climbing a set of stairs is unworthy of praise.
    Yeah, but they can fly! I like the Daleks. They've got a nice persistent Zombie like quality -- a trash can Frankenstein sort of thing.
    plasticfetish.net

Mickey was kinda funny but he's really outlived his welcome at this point, I hope that's the end of it.
    ermmmmm.......

Interestingly, it was Christopher Eccleston's decision to leave the show. the whole typecasting issue I believe. I would imagine for David Tenant who takes over the role it's more a labour of love. He genuinely appears to be a fan of the show from it's earlier days. And he's constantly praising Russel T Davies the chief writer. He's doing ok with the character too. Much more of the Doctor that we're used to. Less manic. hehe