Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    KH suggested I check out the Christmas Special online, after a false start I finally found the whole thing in decent quality. It was pretty good, obviously a takeoff on those disaster films, but it mostly was entertaining and the Doctor had a few really choice lines. I found the twist towards the end decidedly predictable, but at least they went out with a non-cliche way of wrapping it up. It could have been better, it could have been worse, but at least the Queen survived.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

they only need to get Boadica and Mary in the show and they'll have got all the queens of england. female monarchs I mean.

the other ones are everywhere. just take bottoxed john barrowman. Actually yes - take him. somewhere far away and hopefully full of dangerous creepy crawlies.

I just got done watching a bunch of episode that were on this weekend. Sci Fi had another marathon of season 2 and BBC America had a few also Saturday. I think I saw some of the Christmas episodes. there was one with Charles Dickens, the Unquiet Dead. I believe it also had the Eve Myles from Torchwood on it. Also saw The Runaway Bride, the one right after Rose "died".

In other news, I read somewhere that Eve Myles was up for replacing Martha(I think it was Martha) for season 4, but she went to Torchwood instead.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I just watched the Voyage of the Damned Christmas episode. Pretty good overall. Thanks for the better link JT. I am going to assume at the end was a preview of season 4 and that Donna from a few Christmas epsidoes back is his companion now?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Yeah, I guess that was a preview for season 4, it sure looked wild, and that indeed was it is, she's got a popular comedy show of her own but will be the Doctor's companion again for half a season or more, I've read.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Donna is companion for most if not all of season four. Martha returns halfway through. and from there the season builds to a kickbottom finale allegedly.

I'm hoping Donna takes a break when Martha returns. I can't stand Catherine Tate. I think she's vastly overrated.

Isnt Rose supposed to be back for 4 epsiodes also?

yeah rose and sarah jane return. apparently. big finale. I'm trying to avoid the specifics. I've already got a good idea from the few snippets of info released. i just don't want to sit through a whole season and then stop coz i know how it ends.

Understood MDP.