Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Spoilers ahead - highlight to see

I watched The Poison Sky and thought it was good. It was a decent two parter and the end was really good as I didnt expect what happened. I thought they would part ways and Donna wold be alone with him. I did like the mention of Captain Jack. People that dont know the Spoilers will see the hand bubbling in the TARDIS and think Jack is around again. But he will be.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Highlight to read.
    been reading up on spoilers and someone put together a story arc from all the tidbits. seems like Martha, Donna and Rose all leave the doctor in differing ways at the end of this season. don't know about Cpt Jack or Sarah Jane but it looks like a lot of timeline tinkering is done to restore balance to the universes. This weeks episode 'The Doctor's daughter might answer a few more questions about the good doctor's background. Though more likely it'll throw up even more than it answers. And I can't believe they killed off Pvt. Ross Jenkins in last week's episode. Pvt.s Harris and Gray I could understand but poor old Ross was a decent character. Another one they could have developed. He'd have made an interesting companion. A pox on Russel T Davies and BBC Wales for that.
    An actor named Julian Bleach who was in The brothers Grimm with Heath Ledger is tipped to star as Davros in the finale episode 2 parter. he's a sort of Daniel Craig type build and usually plays fairly grotesque characters. If Davros is going to be partially disfigured this time round it'll probably be why they chose Julian Bleach if they did. very much a physical actor in style. and probably a heck of a lot cheaper than someone like Ben Kingsley who was rumoured to be playing Davros.

If you read the stuf about the Christmas Episode, it stated the black girl is a possible companion for the 5th season
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

maybe for the three feature length episodes next year but I'd imagine for season 5 the doc will start off alone. then pick up a companion as he goes along. maybe.

Maybe the BBC will surprise us with something different like maybe an alien companion. Or maybe someone that's intelligent and independent and male. someone interesting. deep. non two dimensional.

I think the show can get a little more serious yet still maintain the lightness of touch. less companion soap opera and more adventure.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing a male companion with him. What would be great is a Torchwood companion like Ianto or even Gwen

an indiana jones adventurer would be too much, but maybe a scientist explorer. someone as keen and determined to save the planet as he doctor is. y'know your trendy TV adventurer hip scientist with spiked hair and carefully managed dishevelled look. pleasing on the eye but knows his stuff too. good with survival techniques too. yeah that'd do it.

in the meantime if that chick is the next companion i have to say she's a looker.

Wat would be cool is if he runs into Adam again in the future, and he attempts to take reenge on the Doctor somehow.

I'd like to see him with a couple of companions, I think Ida Scott from the impossible planet/the satan pit would be cool. the doctor got on really well with her. and he did say he'd like to meet her again. Ok so she's older and not a skinny bhit o' skirt but she's clever and resourceful, full of enthusiasm and a thirst for knowledge. temper that with a young guy that's got the brawn and it's a perfect team. bring back K9 in a redesigned shape with more ability to interact, more functions, more speed and the ability to levitate and it's a dream team. well, for me anyway.

Adam I didn't like. he was interesting but a bit too weak. which is why the doctor dumped him. I don't think he has it in him to be vengeful. essentially he's a human cell phone reciever. Adam would only be of use to say, UNIT, as a field operative in covert surveillance missions. A human listening device. human wire tap. or maybe as a private detective.

Milo and Cheen who kidnapped Martha in Gridlock might be good as companions. they weren't really fleshed out in gridlock but they had potential. Quite strong characters willing to take chances and stuff. Plus they were quite pleasing on the eyes. And Milo could drive so the Doc could teach him to pilot the Tardis. Always handy to have a co-pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    I'd like to see him with a couple of companions, I think Ida Scott from the impossible planet/the satan pit would be cool. the doctor got on really well with her. and he did say he'd like to meet her again. Ok so she's older and not a skinny bhit o' skirt but she's clever and resourceful, full of enthusiasm and a thirst for knowledge. temper that with a young guy that's got the brawn and it's a perfect team. bring back K9 in a redesigned shape with more ability to interact, more functions, more speed and the ability to levitate and it's a dream team. well, for me anyway.
    Ida would be good also. I forgot about her. If you want to compare age and all, Catherine Tate is older and not skinny either. I would love to see K-9 again(highlight next line) , hopefully he will be back at the end of the season when Sarah Jane comes back

Adam I didn't like. he was interesting but a bit too weak. which is why the doctor dumped him. I don't think he has it in him to be vengeful. essentially he's a human cell phone reciever. Adam would only be of use to say, UNIT, as a field operative in covert surveillance missions. A human listening device. human wire tap. or maybe as a private detective.
    Adam would be good as a UNIT operative, but a nice twist would be to have him be a complete jackass after what the Doctor did to him by dumping him back home

Milo and Cheen who kidnapped Martha in Gridlock might be good as companions. they weren't really fleshed out in gridlock but they had potential. Quite strong characters willing to take chances and stuff. Plus they were quite pleasing on the eyes. And Milo could drive so the Doc could teach him to pilot the Tardis. Always handy to have a co-pilot.
    I really didnt care for those two as much as some other characters. I wouldnt mind seeing say Novice Hame come back, someone with as much caring and compassion and knowledgeable as the Doctor.

Speaking of Novice Hame, what is your take on the Face of Boe? Do you think it is Jack, since he couldnt die and what he said at the end of Last/Timelords. I would say it is. Afterall he did teleport away in teleport away from the hospital in season 2, possibly he got his wrist thingamabob fixed and fused to him

RTD said that we haven't seen the last of TFOB (seeing as the BBC paid so much for the prosthetic and want their monies worth)

JACK:
    And what about me? Can you fix that? Will I ever be able to die?

DOCTOR:
    Nothing I can do. You're an impossible thing, Jack.

JACK:
    (laughs) Been called that before. (starts to leave then turns back and salutes) Sir. Ma'am. (turns to leave again and stops) But I keep wondering…what about aging? ‘Cause I can't die but I keep getting older. The odd little grey hair, you know? What happens if I live for a million years?

DOCTOR:
    I really don't know.

JACK:
    (chuckles) Okay, vanity. Sorry. Yeah, can't help it. Used to be a poster boy when I was a kid back on the Boeshane Pennisula. Tiny little place. I was the first one ever to be signed up for the Time Agency. They were so proud of me. They Face of Boe they called me. (the DOCTOR and MARTHA are stunned) Hmm, I'll see you. (runs across the Plaza towards the water tower)
    So he comes from a place called Boe on the Boeshane peninsula. The time agents took him as a young lad. then wiped two years worth of memory at some point. I'm going to assume that it's got to do with some sort of gene mutation or manipulation. Of course there's nothing anywhere in any of the episodes to suggest why Boe is just a face in a jar but in Gridlock he says he's the last of his kind. But Boe speaks in a manner that suggests he only knows of the doctor through reputation. almost as if the first time they meet is at Platform One in 'The end of the world'.

if I had to hazard a guess I'd say that Jack isn't the face of BOE we know. I think Jack might have dubbed him that in those missing years when perhaps the time agents had Boe imprisoned or under house arrest. Jack being witty naming an ugly captive. kinda like giving someone really ugly the nickname 'gorgeous'

I reckon the time agents are a dodgey lot and Jack somehow got wind of their shenanigans and bad practises and threatened to expose the whole thing but the time agents wiped his memories to silence him. I think the face of Boe thing jack remembers is just a fragment of something involving the real face of Boe and the time agents.