Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Planet of the Ood aired last night. I loed it. Thought it was great. Ood anyting is Good.

Highlight the rest:

Just watched the Doctors Daughter. Good episode, had some cheesy moments. Martha was great in it, good to see her back, hopefully more often. I knew Genny would survive and regenarate. She is coming back at the end right Jargo? Or was tat just setting up for future stories?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Spoiler-ish talk, highlight to read.
    Well they've let Jenny live so I presume she'll be back. Don't think it'll be this season though. there's already a crowded list of characters for the finale. Though I think she should come back next year in the three specials as it looks like the doctor will be alone again. we lost Martha in the Doctor's daughter, Something happens to Donna in the finale and I think Rose is gonna be gone for good again. I could imagine Jenny turning up in Torchwood actually. dunno why, but they have two team vacancies now Toshiko and Owen are dead.

a good episode last night though, I like the Hath. they'll make cool action figures. I must admit I thought Jenny, (should be Genny if the name is a contraction of generated anomaly), was a little bit psychotic. too smiley while gunning people down. though she was hot looking. The bad commander Cobb reminded me very much of classic Who. Though I'd have liked to see him be a bit more crazed and bad. Perhaps torturing a captured Hath. Martha's Hath friend was called Peck by the way. and the other main Hath was called Gable.

Highlight:

The Hath were great. I loved tem, reminded me of the Ood a tad bit. I think I will call her Genny instead of Jenny.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Dang, look at all these spoilerific posts I can't read.

I actually thought Planet of the Ood was too cut-n-dry, too clean and nice and happy and obvious. And WTF was with the Doctor's huge hair??? I was surprised that they are making Donna into a fairly interesting character with this ep though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i've noticed that the doc's hair is getting very quiffy. It's like it has life of its own.

Donna seems to have got a lot cleverer than she used to be. to be honest I don't really know what her story arc is but i've been wondering the secretary from the runaway bride who said no to travelling with the doctor has suddenly got brighter and hunted the doc down specifically to travel with him. something doesn't jive.

Tomorrow's episode 'The unicorn and the wasp'. Not one I'm looking forward to. Never been a fan of the historical stories. much prefer present day with alien threat or futuristic stories. I'd quite like the doctor to come up against the blowfish alien/s from Torchwood as there'd be more chance of character options making a figure of the alien than there is with the guys making the torchwood figures.

next weeks episode 8 has been postponed for a week because the BBC are showing the annual Eurovision song contest. A thoroughly pointless contest in which nations of the European union send their 'best musical artistes' to do battle. the calibre of the artists varies from dire to bad to *&!@$?*!! awful. as we in britain pay a fee for the priviledge of watching television and the BBC in particular it never fails to baffle me why this contest takes precedence every year over decent scheduled programming. It seems there's a small minority who watch it religeously and a majority who watch it coz the BBC have shunted all the good stuff and there's buggar all else on.
    annyhoo. 'Silence in the Library' will air a week late. the second part of the story 'The forest of the dead will hopefully not get shunted by some marginal sport like Snooker or speed knitting...

I used to enjoy Eurovision, but in recent years, with every other county voting for their closest neighbours, and the rest of Europe (except for Malta) hating the British, the result is painfully predictable, making the whole contest a total farce. Only Terry Wogan's sarcy commentary provides any sort of entertainment. There were rumours last year of Morrissey providing our entry.... now THAT would've been worth watching!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

yeah but what do we have entered but some failed Marvin Gaye tribute act from the X factor. Ireland has entered a puppet and god knows what the Latvians will produce. it's pretty much a freak show.
    And they could have put Who on BBC2 just for one night rather than cancel it for a week. Harumph and grrr.

SPOILER!!! Highlight to read.
    saw a picture the other day of the dalek from the final episodes. it's a lovely red colour with silver chrome trims. only say from the arms up though.
    this is said to be the dalek supreme. the first dalek. it's also said that it is the mutated form of Harriet Jones former Prime minister of Britain. Davros is definitely behind all this. still trundling round in his souped up wheelchair. allegedly. I'm expecting a b!tchfest when the doc meets him. I did a mock up of how i think the supreme dalek will look based on the image i saw and pics of classic daleks from their earliest appearances. don't know how to hide pics though so for now I'll not post it. it's only a quick recoloration. and allegedly the red dalek has three illuminated ears rather than two. not knowing where the third one is situated i didn't add it. in the photo of the prop, there didn't appear to be any ears at all. and the prop had a purposefully rigged to explode look about it too. but I know there's a toy version of this dalek planned along with davros so hopefully i'm not wrong in thinking it has silver bobbles on the lower half. though they could well turn out to be black.

They are also skipping next week in America, which is odd I think since it is part 2(Poison Sky).

I liked Unicorn and the Wasp. Rest is spoilers:

I thought it played out well with Agatha Christie. The story was pretty cool and the Doctor was goofy as ever. I thought it was cool that he let her take the lead in the investigation. Donna was pretty funny in it. I thouht the old man faking being crippled was funny also.