Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    well i guess it was an amusing episode. halfway through the season bit of light relief before it all goes dark and sinister. one of these days i'm going to have a who marathon and watch everything from the first episode of season one right through including all the behind the scenes shows and specials and outtakes. though i already know my favourite story is the impossible planet/the satan pit. it really managed to capture the sci-fi feel and create decent amounts of tension. very much in the way Tom baker era stories did. the characters were all well drawn and the casting was excellent. it just worked perfectly. it had a 1950's b movie sci-fi feel. but the better kind of b movie like forbidden planet.

While it is a great episode(s), and it is the first Ood episode, I will say my favorite is The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. A bit of Sci-Fi, Horror and action. It also introduces Capt Jack to the story.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

if i have an ambition left it's to be a monster on Doctor Who. I don't care if you never see me because of the costume but i want to be a sontaran or a dalek or some other creature but it has to be a monster villain. they get the best lines and dramatic death scenes. not to mention as a monster villain you stand a good chance of someone eventually making an action figure of your character. but you don't have to put up with autograph hunters coz no-one knows your face.
    I couldn't be a hero character. you have to look too well kept, have people faffing round you with make-up sponges and hairspray and stuff. make sure you have no snot hanging from your nose or massive ear hairs sticking out. i just couldn't be doing with all that. besides, i'm too ugly to be a hero.

Tonight in lieu of a proper episode the BBC are showing a special trailer for the remaining episodes of season four. it'll be online afterwards on the official site so those who catch the Doctor via torrents and such, be on the lookout. the official site will apparently also have other goodies to help fill the void left by tonights shunted episode.

I didn't realize the season had started here so the only episode I've caught was Planet of the Ood. Is there a place to watch them online that is accessible in the U.S.? I've never used any sort of torrent thing before.

Yes, I sent you a PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Been watching Torchwood season two while I wait for the next who episode. Really not that good. So far the only episodes that've grabbed me are 'Dead man walking' and 'Adrift'. Not so much for the actual plots but the underlying themes and exploration of character emotions. some quite nice scripting in both episodes. the weakest episode by far is 'from out of the rain'. which felt more Dr. Who than Torchwood. just got the last two episodes to watch.
    Dr. Who kicks Torchwood squarely in the nether regions.

I caught the last few minutes of a Dr. Who episode before BSG came on and loved it. I think we'll be adding it to the list of shows we watch on a regular basis. Of course, with Dr. Who, that list is now up to 3 shows along with Lost and BSG. I'm anxiously awaiting Eureaka's new season though.

Dr Who is a definite catch if you've got Sci-Fi Channel, it's one of my favorite shows on TV. It's fun yet it has drama, it's serious yet it can be silly and never takes itself pompously, it's a great counterpart to the very dour and serious BSG, I always do that on Fridays.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Without a doubt Doctor Who is great. I loed it and got hooked as well. MTriv, if you need a link to catch up on older shows, let me know.

Jargo, the last two episodes of Torchwood are great. I loved them. I wont spoil it for you though