Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Watched Silence in the Library last night, thought it was fair, a little twist on a pretty basic concept. The littler stuff had me really eager to complete the story though, River Song was a big big part of it, so I read the synopsis for the sequel and now I almost wish I hadn't watched Silence in the Library until next week so I could see both eps back to back instead of spoiling it this way. I pretty much guessed Donna's outcome though, that reeked for me. But some clever stuff going on, and next week I think should pay off as an episode better than this one.

Check it out, Amy from eFX (the new company doing SW prop replicas, who is made up basically of the founders and main team of Master Replicas), has teased 2 of their other lines, and "Who" is one of the teases: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38280

I so can't wait to see what they come up with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Turn Left is a cracking episode. there's one major disappointment for me. an effect that doesn't really work very well. but the story and the way it pans out is ace. familiar to sci-fans from any realm but done very nicely here. and in this episode there's an important shot of the doctor and it's played by a stand in. just a bit of trivia there. there's also another cast member who has been in doctor who before as a completely different character.......

a cyberhug to the first person to find them.

I just watched it and a great freakin episode. The person was Ida Scott playing the Social Worker. Funny thing is I just watched the Impossible Planet/Satan Pit episodes. Now I know why Donna and the TARDIS werent in Midnight

And how cool is it that Gwen and Ianto are in the next episode??
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Oh Claire Rushbrook? I missed her. A little piece of tenuous trivia about her.... she's probably best known in Britain from "Linda Green", in which her screen husband was played by Daniel Ryan.... who was in last week's Midnight episode!

Last night's episode was a cracker, one of the best of the series.... kind of ironic seeing as the Doctor was hardly in it! Catherine Tate carried it really well.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Catherine really shone towards the end. Really immersed herself in the character.

The person I was talking about who'd been in Who before was not claire rushbrook, (the housing officer was played by Sanchia McCormack not Claire Rushbrook apparently), it was Chipo Chung playing the fortune teller. She was Chantho in Utopia.

Also the Doctor on the gurney was a stand in. quite a good one actually looks wise. Wore full doctor costume and only his arm was shown.

Also, CT and Billie Piper look bloody awful without make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    also, CT and Billie Piper look bloody awful without make-up.
    They don't look that good with it!!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Billie seems to have developed super sized teeth. It was like she was speaking with someone elses teeth. really weird.

Yeah, I thought that.... she really seemed to be having difficulty talking with those gnashers!!

seen the trailers for next week? there's two or three now. I like the way they've given away lots about next week but kept everything about the final episode completely quiet. in one sense i wish they'd kept quiet about next week too but it makes me more excited about how it all ends.
    I'll be gutted when it does end. I know i'll have a marathon viewing of the whole season though. Watch Donna a bit more closely. Changed my mind about catherine tate. I still think she' horrible when she does the angry shouty stuff. but the more subtle stuff she's done to do with emotions and just being Donna, that's impressed me.

CT impressed me in Turn Left. I agree, when she is the loud person, I hate her. er performance yesterday was awesome.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten