Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    RTD wanted to blow up the TARDIS in turn left but was told he couldn't because it was supposed to be the cheap episode. I actually think blowing it up giving the doctor a new ship would be cool. I'm bored with the console room and though it would upset long time fanatics it's the last thing to be updated. if you look at the show since it restarted in 2005 there's been a few times where the TARDIS has been hit, dropped from a great height, stolen, subjected to intense heat, adrift in space. seems like RTD has it in for the blue box.
    alternatively the doctor could just use the chameleon circuit and change how it looks. he did fix it just couldn't be bothered to change how it looks. be quite cool if he souped it up so it's all sleek and futuristic.

just read that the actual finale episode is going to be 65 minutes long. I expect the extra five minutes may be taken up with a preview of the christmas special and extended credits. The BBC have shoved out a couple of trailers for the stolen earth. and there's both of those and a mini clip on http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/ for those who care to catch the spoilers.

I finally started to get caught up on Torchwood. I watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 on demand last year. Then I didn't watch for a while, and when I checked again, episode 5 was no longer available, so I didn't watch anymore. Now that I see them on Youtube, I watched episode 5 a couple days ago.

torchwood is very hit and miss. parts of it are great and exciting. parts of it seem to be there just to try and ape US sci-fi and parts seem more suited to kids tv. a lot depends on the writer of the episode. season two felt a lot less so. and perhaps spent more time exploring owen and ianto. the downfall of season two is that most of the team prove they don't necessarily need jack as they're very good at what they do individually and can gel as a team without him around. then quickly tries to prove otherwise and thrusts jack into the limelight again. and there's lots of rhys. at least PC andy gets a bit more to do though. i'd sooner have pc andy than rhys to be honest. he's never seemed important to the show and they did the whole secretive partner and blazing rows thing in season one so they don't need to keep reinforcing the way gwen and rhys's relationship work. jack actually isn't a likable character to me. perhaps it's just that these days we in the UK can't switch on the tv without john barrowmans face megasmiling out at us. i may be projecting my dislike of JB onto the character of jack.
    season two is good though. for whatever faults torchwood has it's still entertaining. still far better than a huge slice of scheduling. it moved from a tertiary BBC channel to the secondary one. it may move to the primary channel and join doctor who. the five episode story airs late summer early fall so it'll be interesting to see where it lands.

I can't imagine the Doctor without the TARDIS. That said, I think they should show us a few more rooms in there the way the US Fox TV movie did, maybe even have a few in-Tardis-adventures. Or perhaps they could lose the Tardis for 3 or 4 episodes instead of just the standard 1 or 2-parter they do now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

He was probably going to blow it up when Donna got sent back, which really would have done nothing since time went back to normal and it would have been alright
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Also, in the clip for next week, was that the Judoon? I hope so
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Highlight to read.
    Cast list for the stolen earth/journey's end
    DOCTOR WHO David Tennant
    DONNA NOBLE Catherine Tate
    ROSE TYLER Billie Piper
    MARTHA JONES Freema Agyeman
    MICKEY SMITH Noel Clarke
    SARAH JANE SMITH Elisabeth Sladen
    JACK HARKNESS John Barrowman
    "MR SMITH" Alexander Armstrong (Sarah Jane's computer)
    LUKE SMITH Thomas Knight (Sarah Jane's adopted son)
    SYLVIA NOBLE Jacqueline King
    VOICE OF THE DALEKS Nicholas Briggs
    DAVROS Julian Bleach
    HARRIET JONES Penelope Wilton
    GENERAL SANCHEZ Michael Brandon
    JACKIE TYLER Camile Coudri
    FRANCINE JONES Adjoa Andoh
    GWEN COOPER Eve Myles
    IANTO JONES Gareth David-Lloyd
    DRUNK MAN Marcus Cunningham
    SHADOW ARCHITECT Kelly Hunter
    ALBINO SERVANT Amy Beth Hayes
    SCARED MAN Gary Milner
    SUZANNE Andrea Harris
    TRINITY WELLS Lachele Carl (US news reporter)
    NEWSREADER Jason Mohammad
    JUDOON Paul Kasey
    Elizabeth Tan
    Michael Price
    Shobu Kapoor
    Valda Aviks

And all this time, I thought I still couldnt be spoiled but this name:

HARRIET JONES Penelope Wilton

has done it. Last person I expected to see

I've only seen one trailer so far for this week, but it looks fantastic - they're really pulling out all the stops for the "season finale".

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    ... and there's lots of rhys. at least PC andy gets a bit more to do though. i'd sooner have pc andy than rhys to be honest.
    Can't have too much Rhys... he's the best thing about Torchwood!!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

No the best thing about torchwood is Myfanwy the Pterodactyl. She's greatly undervalued by the team.