Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    jeeepers! this spider event cost 1.9 million pounds sterling to to stage. apparently the company that staged it are asking people who came to see it to help pay the last installment because the cost has risen due to currency conversations rates from pound to euro.
    which is a shame because it was a brilliant experience. but to find out the bills haven't been paid is a bit sad. you would think when you're dealing with events that cost such large amounts that you'd check your currency conversations and budget for any fluctuation.
    once i can remember my photobucket password i'll upload some pics and i'm still working on converting the video. it's in some weird format none of the software i've used recognises. hunting the web for a decent converter.

That's wacky! Taking donations to help pay for what appears to be an overpriced giant spider seems nuts to me. But I can't wait to see what ya shot.

www.Imageshack.us is free and doesn't require registration. They host video, I dunno what the limitation is though as I've never done one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008.../doctorwho-bbc

We all die a little bit right now
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah... my wife hit me with this news when I got home from work tonight. Kind of a tough one and a bit of a surprise, but we've still got this next season to look forward to.

Russel Davies knew ages ago. saying in an interview early this year that David had informed him of his decision. so basically David decided to go when Russel decided to move on to other projects. I guess the BBC were good enough to let David release the info when he felt ready.

I swear though that if James Nesbitt is cast as the next doctor I'll stop watching before the regeneration scene. I hate Nesbitt more than most people I actually know and detest. There are a million actors better suited to the role than James Nesbitt. A telentless jerk who has a face only a mother could love if she was blind and had no sense of touch.

If I had to choose an actor I'd go with Alexander Armstrong, (Winterburn in Plunkett and McClean. Voice of Mr. Smith in The Sarah Jane Adventures.), an actor who has range and depth and could quite easily play the part standing on his head. Look him up on youtube in The Armstrong and Miller show. Great comedic timing, of the wall and inventive. drawing on prior doctor's characteristics and traits he'd be sort of like a meld of all the doctor's as he seems to have that flexibility inately. He comes across as a slightly mad gentleman with a very knowing look in his eyes. he's perfect to play a 903 year old time traveller with the weight of universes on his shoulders.

Nesbitt could only hang onto Armstrong's coat tails and weep in the shadows of his talent.

This is disappointing, I had wanted Tennant to carry the torch at least half a decade, that is the point where it carries real impact I think. I'm still reeling from Eccleston's departure after just 1 year, it makes the series and the character feel less permanent to change the lead so often, and now replacing the whole staff behind the scenes as well, I suspect this is going to lead to a quick end for the series. The next guy is gonna have to be locked into it or else it's really over for the character as well (barring some ridiculous cheat... come to think of it, with the last season or so there's been no way to bar that ).

BTW, the whole River Song thing, I know they CAN get around it, but they shouldn't have to, the implications were there.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was guessing they would go into the whole River Song thing.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

So, who watched TheNext Doctor? I saw it thought it was pretty good. I liked Morrisey. Your thoughts?

I didn't like it. I hated morrisey but then again i've never rated him as an actor. he's so two dimensional. The story was fairly limp and dragged on far too long. Plus, the final few minutes with the big ******* didn't count for anything as it was all resolved with yet another of RTD's pathetic cop outs. So despite looking like a costume drama and having the usual bright coloured lighting and uninspiring out of place badly played music by murray Gold, it was a flat cringemaking amateurish affair. it ranks up there with Fear her and The Shakespeare code in the bad episodes table.

I hate Fear Her. I think Shakepshere code is alright at best