Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Anyway, back to DW, it was a bit sloppy in the actual Christmas Carol aspects, but gave a decent spin to the concept by actually going back and changing the events - although the way they dealt with the brainwave changes was a total paradoxical cheat.
    Also in keeping with the DW continuity, everything is supposed to happen in real time. If he pops out of the future to go back in time and he spends 24 hours visiting the past, then 24 hours is supposed to pass in the current time line.

They cheated big time, but it's all good. I enjoyed it, or maybe I'm so starved for new DW that it came across better than it otherwise might.

I can not wait for the new season.
    May the force be with you.

I thought that only applied to The Doctor's personal timeline though, and thus the "camera timeline". Still, it definitely cheats.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've never known the Doctor to be constrained by any rule like "an hour then = an hour now". Think about when the 10th Doctor met Martha Jones. After the bit with the Judoon he got in the Tardis, the Doctor got into the Tardis, went back in time, found Martha, took his tie off at her, went back to the Tardis, and came back at the precise moment he left.

I might be a bit confused. The Doctor had told Rose that when she travels with him if she is gone for 2 years, then 2 years pass back in her time, or something like that.

My wife brought up the other paradox though.

The Doctor was attempting to change the old geezer, but time had to correct itself so that no matter what the Doctor did the old man had to say no (initially), or else the Doctor would never have gone back in time to change him.

Nearly any time travel story has to have a paradox in order to be entertaining. Meet the Robinsons was a great kid's movie but the paradox at the end completely invalidated the whole movie. My wife drug me to see The Lake House, and the paradox at the end really bothered me but she liked it. Like the Doctor said in Blink, time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of timey-wimey stuff...

I don't remember that bit about Rose, I thought the Doctor told her he could bring her back to the moment she left. Time to go watch the Eccleston season again!

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    I don't remember that bit about Rose, I thought the Doctor told her he could bring her back to the moment she left. Time to go watch the Eccleston season again!
    He made that pretty hard to accomplish when he gave her a phone to call home.

Frickin' time travel, the confusion I love to topic.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    He made that pretty hard to accomplish when he gave her a phone to call home.

Frickin' time travel, the confusion I love to topic.
    That's the problem with time travel, it makes it difficult not to contradict yourself at some point in a 770 episode run. Either way, it's a great story and one I'll keep watching religiously until they pull it off the air. ...again.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    That's the problem with time travel, it makes it difficult not to contradict yourself at some point in a 770 episode run. Either way, it's a great story and one I'll keep watching religiously until they pull it off the air. ...again.
    Indeed, if we are lucky that day is a long long long way off.

Registered
    Northern Virginia, in toy hell. Nothing good here.
    So, pretty sad news, but: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni9772000/

I hadn't even heard she was sick.