Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Ok, I'm in need of serious psychiatric help. I went back and watched The Eleventh Hour yet again, this time on Netflix instead of BBC America. I thought something was missing and I was right. The show has a 1:04 run time on Netflix, they cut somewhere close to 20 minutes out of it. The version I recorded on BBC America left out the whole bit of Prisoner Zero saying "Silence will fall" and a ton of other little (and not so little) bits. Based on that, I wonder what we've missed from the three episodes this season?
    I haven't missed anything, though that is because my wife downloads the episodes broadcast on BBC, not BBC America. "The Eleventh Hour" was indeed a longer episode. The others were standard 40-45 minute run time. So you should be good.

BTW, I went back and re-watched "The Eleventh Hour" after you mentioned it, and indeed Prisoner Zero mentions several things that seem to make sense now, Padorica will open, silence will fall, etc.
    May the force be with you.

That's a relief. I was starting to think that us poor souls on the west side of the pond were going to miss half the clues about what's going on.

So... [potential spoiler] River is an incarnation of the TARDIS?

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    So... [potential spoiler]

I didn't get that. I just got the impression that the TARDIS was trying to tell them something about what was going to happen.

Wow, what a great episode. I always love when they give us glimpses of the Doctor's past. I had to watch it a second time to get some of the references to different things.

I loved the TARDIS character, or should I call her "Sexy". hahaha... Suranne Jones did a fantastic job! She sort of reminded me of a Helena Bonham Carter.

So who stole who? I also like the way she confirmed how she always takes him where he needs to go, rather than where he wants to go. I've always suspected as much, I'm sure others have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    So who stole who? I also like the way she confirmed how she always takes him where he needs to go, rather than where he wants to go. I've always suspected as much, I'm sure others have as well.
    The Doctor stole her. That's an established part of the show's canon since at least the 4th Doctor, maybe farther back.

The whole bit about taking him where he needs to go makes me wonder about when the 4th Doctor dropped off Sarah Jane at the end of her last trip in the TARDIS. Maybe the TARDIS was a little jealous of Sarah Jane and that's why she wasn't left in the proper city.

The Doctor stole her. That's an established part of the show's canon since at least the 4th Doctor, maybe farther back.
    Yes, technically that is true, but Sexy said that she stole a Timelord (him). The door was unlocked, she implied that she unlocked it, essentially luring him in and setting him up to steal the TARDIS, but from her POV it was she whole stole a Timelord.

What a fun episode. In Doctor Who Classified, they talk about what this will mean for the Doctor and his relationship with the TARDIS, how this will change the dynamics of that relationship. It will be interesting to watch.

I got a real laugh over the whole "Pull To Open" and how he has been pushing for 700 years.

I didn't get that. I just got the impression that the TARDIS was trying to tell them something about what was going to happen.
    The only reason I got that is 'cos she knows her way around the TARDIS as if she were one with the machine. Or... is Amy's baby River?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    The classic Doctor Who I watched this weekend had Jeremy Bulloch in it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Space_Museum
    I watched that one about a year ago. I was so goofy giddy when I recognised him.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    The only reason I got that is 'cos she knows her way around the TARDIS as if she were one with the machine. Or... is Amy's baby River?
    I'd bet on River being Amy's baby before her being an incarnation of the TARDIS, but I'm thinking that the child in the spacesuit would be Amy's baby first. I'm also near certain that the child wasn't River. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I got a real laugh over the whole "Pull To Open" and how he has been pushing for 700 years.
    I loved that. I think "Pull to Open" is technically for the phone and not the box itself, but it was still great seeing the Doctor's reaction.