Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

If the 2 week delay is due to Memorial day, does that mean that the UK broadcasts are going to be a week ahead of us now?

This is good news, it looks like I will not miss this weeks episode then since the wife downloads from UK.
    May the force be with you.

WOW wow wow wow...surprise ending, I didn't see it coming but it all makes sense now, well some of it makes sense.

I second that. Great episode, but leaves a lot to be resolved in the second half of the season.

Wow! Another excellent episode and so many questions answered! I am sad we will have to wait so long for new episodes. I will be going back and re-watching these for some time, but I am dying for new stuff.

For those of you on the US schedule the new episode will air next week, so I don't want to spoil it for you all but many suspicions have been confirmed. The Doctor does indeed rise higher than he ever has before and fall lower than he ever has before.

I can't say I didn't see it all coming, but wow.

The great thing about being a Doctor Who fan, is that it is the longest running Sci-Fi franchise in history, so it probably isn't going anywhere any time soon. The bad part is all the breaks and short seasons.

Yet I find, especially with the new series, the story line is so well done that you can often go back and re-watch episodes again and again and pick up clues and new meanings in older stories and dialogue.

No one has anything to say after the last episode?

It was kind of a big deal and no one wants to post.

Interesting.

***SPOILER ALERT (if you still have not watched the last episode)***

So River Song is Melody Pond (because the only water in the forest is the river). Nice tie in there. The Doctor flashed on the whole Impossible Astronaut stuff, indicating that she was also the girl in the suit, and of course this makes sense, considering that they revealed she is part time lord and we saw the little girl regenerate.

So, apparently, River got that way because she was conceived on the TARDI while inside the time vortex!?!?

Now, for the crazy to kick in.

I couldn't help notice the tie in between what Sexy says at the end of "The Doctor's Wife" about him needing to know that "The only water in the forest is the river". Then there was her statement "I just wanted to say HELLO. Hello Doctor, it's so very nice to meet you."

There are other little odd connections, like the likely theory that River and the Doctor end up married, yet they titled the episode with Sexy as "The Doctor's Wife". Then there was that odd exchange between River and the Doctor after he realized who she was. The Doctor says "Oh, that means..." and River says "I'm afraid it does!" and he gets all giddy.

So, is it possible that a tiny bit of the TARDIS matrix is intertwined into her DNA, not enough to kill her, or make her appear psychic, but enough to make her part time lord. Did the TARDIS (Sexy) alter Melody Pond's DNA? Is there a connection, or am I just crazy.

Of course it could be that the exchange between River and the Doctor was simply an acknowledgement that one day they will be married.

Also, what will become of Melody? She takes on the name River Song, which implies she was raised by the people of the Gamma Forest. Yet River often refers to her time on the TARDIS as if she were sort of raised by the Doctor. Then there are the events of "The Impossible Astronaut" not to mention that she says to Amy "I know your not all right, but you will be." Implying that Amy and Rory get Melody back.

So confusing.

My wife says she takes on the name River Song to prevent different (earlier/later depending on your POV) versions of the Doctor from finding out who she really is before he's supposed to know. That seems like a bit of a stretch, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Also, why does River seem to be genuinely confounded over the girl in "The Impossible Astronaut", examining the life support system "Human, strong by the looks of it, she broke her way out of the suit". Wouldn't she already know?

Hmmm.

I can't wait for the new episodes!!!

Luckily new episodes of my other shows are getting ready to start back up.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    My wife says she takes on the name River Song to prevent different (earlier/later depending on your POV) versions of the Doctor from finding out who she really is before he's supposed to know. That seems like a bit of a stretch, but not out of the realm of possibility.
    I agree with your wife. If she had used the name Melody Pond out of the gate, that would have clued Matt Smith's Doctor in on River's background out of the gate. I don't think her choice of name has anything to do with the Gamma Forest any more than we've already seen. I am wondering who was actually in the suit at the beginning of the season and/or why River wouldn't have remembered being in the suit - unless of course this means that time has been re-written since River's timeline started. The biggest problem with understanding this is that we don't know where in River's timeline we're meeting her. The show centers around the Doctor's timeline in a somewhat linear format, but leaves everything else to be a big bowl of wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff. As I've said before, the problem with a show centered on time travel is that you either have to throw temporal continuty to the wind or accept the fact sometimes things just won't mesh up as hey should in real life. In this case, I'm sure the writers have taken everything into account and we'll be pleased with the series finale. For all we know, the events that occured in The Library could be totally negated. What I'm really looking forward to is the potential for River's other regenerations to appear in the show.