Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Ooh, they can slowly fly up stairs now, that's real menacing!

The blitz zombie one was very creepy indeed, I think they stretched the horror aspect as far as it could go without just being straightup horrorshow fare, it worked well yet still kept it in the realm of sci-fi.

Yeah, I figured Mickey would probably return despite my opinion, not really sure why they're so attached to the character though. If they do him as an old man, that could be interesting (they did him as a kid for laughs), if they already did and we haven't gotten it yet, don't tell me too much.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    If they do him as an old man, that could be interesting (they did him as a kid for laughs), if they already did and we haven't gotten it yet, don't tell me too much.
    Did you see the episode that played here in the States where Rose went back and tried to save her father? A young Mickey was in it if you missed the episode or missed him. I have to admit, I'm not too keen on Mickey showing up, but he did make me laugh this time when she ran off again.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace
    Did you see the episode that played here in the States where Rose went back and tried to save her father? A young Mickey was in it if you missed the episode or missed him. I have to admit, I'm not too keen on Mickey showing up, but he did make me laugh this time when she ran off again.
    Yeah, I saw the ep, that's what I was referring to when I said "they did him as a kid for laughs".

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, I saw the ep, that's what I was referring to when I said "they did him as a kid for laughs".
    For some reason, as many times as I read this, every time I read this, I read something completely different than what you wrote. It seems my mind was doing some crazy cut and paste job. You, sir, have my complete apologies.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Ha ha! I win!!!

awww, he's so nice. makes me want to bear hug him and ruffle his hair. flick his ears.....

I totally missed the recentest (sic delib) two parter. return of someone from the doctors past. I'll say no more. though the prior story, 'the girl in the fireplace' may be the weakest episode yet. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to achieve with it but it fails badly. It actually looks like the cast were genuinely embarrassed to be part of that episode.

oh I just watched the christmas invasion episode where we meet DR. 10. and there's a weird little bit where you get to see a small section of another part of the tardis. and I thought, "there, that wasn't so hard. how about more scenes like that? glimpses of the cavernous interior. why wate money on cgi foes when they could spend an entire episode exploring the tardis like no-one has ever done."

practical set elements mixed with digital matte paintings. Of all the places within the DR's universe, the tardis is the one place he seems reluctant to explore. or spend any time in.

Plus, they showed more of the Tardis in that weak Fox made-for-TV movie from the late '90s, so they could really expand upon that.

oooh this seasonhas a great two parter. classic doctor who and BBC. some nice sets and cgi.

there's also some hammy acting, really cheap effects, and one particular effect that had me laughing out loud. especially having just watched a 'making of' on that new poseidon adventure remake movie.

highly enjoyable. Think it was episode eight tonight. The new doctor is starting to grate on me a little though.

Though i have heard that there may be something happening to shake up the dynamic. Ho effective or noticeable that is I'll wait and see.

Actually I just realised that aside from animated shows like family guy, south park and drawn together, dr. who is the only show I get excited about. I just caught myself mentally rubbing my hands with glee because it's only two days to the conclusion of the current story. It's so rare that I get involved with anything like this. and that's good. isn't it?

and I see series two of the figures now sports a cyberman, and the tardis playset now comes with rose and two daleks. looks like cassandra's getting a companion and there will be two further cybermen. my favourite item due out is the 2.5" remote control K9, the very idea of remote control that small is so silly it really entices me.

The one thing that bugs me is how far ahead the UK is to us, they've got a whole season on us so sometimes when discussions about the show come up, big spoilers will come out totally by accident, it's totally reasonable too but the scheduling has been a slight burden. At least watching the show is fun, I don't want to wait for more, I want tomorrow's season finale to be great and then the next week onto season 2.