Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    to be fair, I might have spoiled a little bit by revealing names but other than a discussion on the merits of the tenth doc I don't think I've given too much away.

I try to be careful. no specifics. aside from names. mere teases.

And I appreciate that, but you shouldn't HAVE to be careful like this, lord knows when we Americans get stuff like this first we go blathering it all around the internet all willy-nilly. You shouldn't HAVE to be careful, they should just make it available to both countries around the same time (that applies to anything like this really, BSG is a good example).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just as an observation, not as a challenge to anything else being said, I actually like that there are shows out there that we Americans get after another country. As a whole, we Americans show no compassion for others who have to wait for our shows. I think we need to be reminded more than we are that there are almost two hundred countries out there that are not us.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS
    I try to be careful. no specifics. aside from names. mere teases.
    Ehh... I've been going to the BBC Web site to read the reviews that those little kids write about each episode anyway.
    plasticfetish.net

Those are funny as hell. I like the little snippets - what are they called - tardisodes or something, like a wee teaser for the coming episode but actually a sort of part of the episode, a prologue if you will.

Dr. Who confidential is the companion show that airs after the episode to explore the behind the scenes stuff, pretty interesting. do you get that too? a half hour every week of extras in essence.

The only thing I dislike about the show in general is the trailer for the next episode after the current episode, I think the trailers give too much away. I know they have to keep reeling viewers in but a bit more tease and fewer spoilers would be cool. part of the joy of the classic era shows was not knowing what was going to happen, just a cliffhanger ending.

maybe it's just me. maybe it's tv in general.

Sci-fi gets a pretty intelligent crowd for its audience, so using the holdback time to teach them a lesson seems like preaching to th choir. Now if American Idol aired in the UK a week before here, there'd be riots.

Dr. Who confidential is the companion show that airs after the episode to explore the behind the scenes stuff, pretty interesting. do you get that too? a half hour every week of extras in essence.
    AAAAH! No, we don't get that, that sounds awesome! I think they are holding it back to put on the DVDs coming out here soon.

The only thing I dislike about the show in general is the trailer for the next episode after the current episode, I think the trailers give too much away. I know they have to keep reeling viewers in but a bit more tease and fewer spoilers would be cool. part of the joy of the classic era shows was not knowing what was going to happen, just a cliffhanger ending.

maybe it's just me. maybe it's tv in general.
    Yeah, that's an issue about TV in general these days. We almost never get trailers after the ep though, they don't air for days until the ads roll by on other shows. The season finale 2-parter did however have a trailer... they showed almost nothing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Sci-fi gets a pretty intelligent crowd for its audience, so using the holdback time to teach them a lesson seems like preaching to th choir. Now if American Idol aired in the UK a week before here, there'd be riots.
    I don't know if intelligence has any special power over ego, but as far as teaching lessons go, I'm sure American Idol was sent as a plague and we just misunderstood its purpose.

Intelligence at least lets the person consider the possibility of being wrong, arrogance assumes he's always right.

Last night's season finale was good as exciting Dr Who TV but a bit heavy on the deus ex machina scale, and then the Doctor...

What about poor Lynda with a Y? Bless her. And jack, poor wee lamb. he lost both of them, the Doctor and Rose. She was just toying with his emotions the fickle cow .

We had the next episode at xmas as a stand alone. Wonder if it'll be tagged onto the beginning of season two and then straight into that for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Intelligence at least lets the person consider the possibility of being wrong, arrogance assumes he's always right.
    I'll go with that. I woulnd't take my arguments too much to heart. It's almost a tradition with me of disagreeing in some small way with your posts. And I say that in jest, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JedTricks
    Last night's season finale was good as exciting Dr Who TV but a bit heavy on the deus ex machina scale, and then the Doctor...
    Did you get a Jean Grey as Phoenix vibe from it? Or was I the only one? It could have actually been kind of cool if Rose continued as an avatar of sorts for the T.A.R.D.I.S. That could have opened some interesting story opportunities if she and it shared a mind.

As for the doctor, my brothers have watched some of the second season episodes and they say he's okay. I've thought for a while I would loathe the new guy, and when they showed him at the end of the episode my first thought was, "He sucks." And just as I thought that, my roommate walked into the room, took one look at him and said, "He sucks." He looks vaguely like Richard Hammond from Top Gear (speaking of British shows this American really wants to watch and can't) and Braniac. Dude, if Hamster were Dr. Who, I would have to watch that. T.A.R.D.I.S. would be a Porsche though. . . .