Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Wow, BBC thinks they're big deal guys? That's kinda sad really, like watching a little tiny dog yap away thinking he's a ferocious pit bull. They better get their act together and get season 2 on the air in the US, or the downloads will be ferocious.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ugh. tonights episode was a dog. nice idea but it didn't do it for me. i don't think it'll be many people's favourite episode.

but it did have a semi naked man in it. which was nice..........

From Outpost Gallifrey:

Series Two of the new Doctor Who series starring David Tennant and Billie Piper will, by all indication, see its US debut on September 29 on the Sci Fi Channel, along with Series One repeats earlier in the day. The news hasn't officially been confirmed by the channel; however, an NBC/Universal release (in PDF form) for Sci Fi shows that Doctor Who returns to the schedule on the evening starting at 9pm four episodes, the first two of which are marked "new" (and "repeat" at 11pm and 12am, the usual pattern for a premiere night). Outpost Gallifrey was, in fact, told that the series was "almost certain" to return "this October" recently, although no information was forthcoming until this release. Sci Fi's schedulebot does show four episodes broadcast that evening; in late September, there is almost no likelihood of a Friday night airing of reruns.

Will "The Christmas Invasion" be included? Says Benjamin Elliott of "This Week in Doctor Who," "The Christmas Invasion is 59 minutes long without commercials, so it would either have to be a) skipped and shown later or b) have 15 1/2 minutes chopped out of it to fit SciFi's schedule as currently displayed. It does have an extended trailer for Series 2 that could be cut and the credits will always get squeezed, but that still leaves 13 minutes unaccounted for. SciFi has always felt willing to change their schedule at a moment's notice, so things can always change. They could air Christmas Invasion complete and have filler to finish the 2 hours. But for now, we must assume one of the following 2 scenarios: 9pm Christmas Invasion and 10pm New Earth, or 9pm New Earth and 10pm Tooth and Claw. The Christmas Invasion isn't required to enjoy Series 2, but some references (notably at the end of the series) make more sense if you see it, and as David Tennant's debut story it helps establish the kind of Doctor he is." Also noted is the fact that the Daytime marathon on September 29 on the Sci Fi Channel is the last 8 episodes of Series 1, which makes sense to lead into the new episodes.

We'll bring you official word from Sci Fi as soon as it's official, but this matches everything we've been told about Sci Fi's positive reaction to the first series ratings in the spring and the desire to bring the show back with new episodes by the end of 2006.

Update 6 August: Outpost Gallifrey has heard from our contacts that this is indeed Series Two and that it debuts with the two-hour block on 29 September because the third season of "Battlestar Galactica" debuts the following week with a two-hour episode block. Doctor Who and Galactica will air at 9pm and 10pm, respectively, with another series airing at 8pm throughout October and November, with a short break for the Christmas holidays. Our source also believes that "The Christmas Invasion" is being held back in this first block, and will instead be aired as a special in December. More details soon.

Kick ***! Thanks for the news, my calendar is ready!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tonight from 8pm till 10:30pm, 2 new eps of Doctor Who!

This week's with Queen Victoria and the Werewolf was a little on the silly side, but there was some interesting stuff in it too, and they're really pushing this Torchwood thing, I guess to ramp up interest in the new show.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    they're really pushing this Torchwood thing, I guess to ramp up interest in the new show.
    No doubt. It's pretty funny really... super obvious, but funny.

We've enjoyed the new episodes so far. David Tennant's great. Maybe a bit more hysterical than we're used to from the Doctor, but it's fun to watch him.

(My son's decided that he wants to be Doctor Who for Halloween BTW, so it'll be fun explaining to people who the little guy in a brown pinstripe suit is all night. He did have a friend send him a Sonic Screwdriver from England. Fun toy!)
    plasticfetish.net

I was Nixon for Halloween once, even with a mask adults didn't get "kid in suit" as anything. Still, it's awesome that your kid wants to be The Doctor for Halloween.

That sonic screwdriver toy looks cool, how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That sonic screwdriver toy looks cool, how is it?
    I thought it would be cheesy, but it's kind of fun really. The light is really bright, and it makes a noise... comes with a pad of "Psychic Paper." (The UV pen thing is silly, but fun.) It looks cool enough. It's not perfect, like how the Playmates phasers were always a little off, but it's great for what it is. I'm honestly a little jealous.
    plasticfetish.net

You should make up some punishment and take it from him for yourself.