Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Your talking about the kid that told me how when I die, he gets to have all of my toys. He's nice enough to let me play with it if I want.
    plasticfetish.net

Could punish him for his greed about when you die.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Lucida Console]B[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]A[/FONT][FONT=Garamond]D[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]W[/FONT][FONT=System]O[/FONT][FONT=Impact]L[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]F
    [FONT=Lucida Console]B[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]A[/FONT][FONT=Garamond]D[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]W[/FONT][FONT=System]O[/FONT][FONT=Impact]L[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]F
    [FONT=Lucida Console]B[/FONT][FONT=Arial Black]A[/FONT][FONT=Garamond]D[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]W[/FONT][FONT=System]O[/FONT][FONT=Impact]L[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]F[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

I enjoyed the girl in the fireplace episode that just aired here in the US. Coming on the heels of the Sarah Jane Smith episode where the Doctor talks about outliving everyone he cares for, this episode really touched on that in a unique way. And I laughed myself to tears when the Doctor came in drunk and talks about inventing the banana daiquiri a couple centuries early.

I'm never quite certain what I think about Sophia Myles in the looks department, but all in all, I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

Mickey wore a shirt with the original NES controller on it, so he just went up a couple of notches in my book.

And I'll always say any story where the hero rides in (or crashes through a mirror) on a white horse has to make me somewhat happy.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

It was a CGI mirror, but yeah, that was pretty wild. Good ep, but I didn't understand why she had mental powers.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've been watching all the new episodes since it started on Sci-Fi. I recall seeing Doctor Who at least once as a kid, but I guess I was too young to understand it or have it hold my interest. Perhaps the accents made it harder to understand as well. The sets and special effects were not great from what I remember. Also, at the time I was familiar with a Dr. Who on the King Kong animated series, and this was nothing like that.

I've enjoyed the modern series though. I liked Eccleston's Doctor. I was disappointed that he didn't stick around. It took a bit to get used to the new Doctor, but I'm beginning to like him now.

Rise of the Cybermen was on last night, and while there was some interesting parallel dimensions stuff going on, and I really felt for the near-death of the TARDIS, the Cybermen are still a tough pill to swallow (though not nearly as ridiculous as their original incarnations from what I remember). That cliffhanger ending was more suspensful than the WW2 story!

I saw the opening episode of Torchwood and some of the second episode and I'm not overly impressed. Nothing about it grabs me. I like Captain Jack in Doctor who but as a stand alone core character for a series it just doesn't work. It may be me just not liking the way a lot of shows are put together these days or it may be that it's really just a pile of old pants.

I think the cybermen were quite sexy really. but then I thought ST DS9's Cardassians were too.

Ok, I've tried, I've watched the last 4 episodes based on what people have said. I've tried to watch some older episodes on PBS on the weekend late at night here and there, and I just don't get. I don't follow the plot, premise or anything. Seems pointless to me. Can some one explain it to me why they think this show is good at all?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Can some one explain it to me why they think this show is good at all?
    Well... you're sort of asking for someone to explain why a show that's been around and popular since 1963 is good. That's a tough one. Maybe it's not for you, but I'd think that a decent understanding of the show's history could help you understand why other people might like it.

I mean... take the past two episodes for example. There's a lot of history behind the whole Cyberman thing.
    plasticfetish.net