Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    I wouldnt mind seeing more of the Tardis. Just a few areas, not the whole thing, maybe a room or two.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

More news.....

Season four sees the return of classic series monsters and foes. I mentioned the possible return of Davros in a story that reveals the 'true' origins of the daleks. but we'll be seeing the sea devils (Silurians) and the sontarans who were foes of the 3rd and 4th doctor most famously. Apparently Christopher ryan (rogue II) will play the Sontaran leader. he's played a couple of who character before in the classic series.

i mentiond ben kingsley wanting to play davros, well Patrick Stewart has expressed an interest in having a role on the show. he's playing dad to Tenants Hamlet in the gap year tenant is taking so it's highly likely they'll slot Stewart in somewhere.

The christmas special will feature a character called Porg. played by the same guy who played the Moxx of balhoon and the space pig. The porg has red skin and spikes all over his head and is probably a lampoon of Darth Maul but the characters actual role is still unclear.

The story set in Roman times is actually set in Pompeii in the lead up the volcanic eruption. AD 79. it will co star peter Capaldi and Phil Davis. Davis starred in the film Quadrophenia and alien 3. Capaldi starred in local hero and Dangerous Liasons

The BBC have said David Tenant will probably but not definitely return for season five and that they haven't ruled out the option for a movie. it's still up in the air about Russel T Davies leaving the show as exec producer and chief writer with rumours still around that Stephen Moffat who penned some of the better stories in season three tipped to take over if RTD does go.

Billie Piper is again quoted as saying she misses being in the show. saying that she's jealous of Kylie Minogue. although said tongue in cheek, it's known that many a true word is uttered in jest. I suppose she'll just have to keep trying if she wants her job on who back. maybe they'll take pity and have her back for season five alongside Martha? now that would be interesting. catfight on the tardis anyone?

Well, I don't want spoilers for next season, but I could use some info on what happened at the very end the most recent episode on Sci-Fi Channel. They must have been a few minutes behind. Even with setting the VCR to go a couple minutes after the hour, the end got chopped off. Martha was telling the Doctor why she had to stay but I don't know what happened after that.

She left, gave him her cell phone and told him, if it rings, he better come running.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    More news...
    All cool news. sucks that I can't reply to any of it... except to say that I'm REALLY excited about "Ghandi" and since I'm going as (a really cheesy version of) Picard for Halloween, I'd love to see that work out.

I don't know about that ending, the shrunken Doctor, the redeath of the Master, and Martha being a super badarse. But it paid off pretty well I guess. Great ending too, that last scene... what?!? WHAT??!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Even more news.....

Season four news again. there's a rumour about the finale to the season that has the doctor fighting Davros along with his trusty sidekicks Martha, season four assistant Donna (from the christmas special last year) and Captain Jack. also calling in Sarah Jane and K9..
    However the real news is that apparently he'll also somehow bring Rose back from the alternate universe.

it's said Russel T Davies wants the fourth season to go out with a bang because of the gap year following on. Which leads me to suppose that the doctor and his assistants somehow make their way to the alternate universe and meet up with Rose or a crack appears in the vortex allowing Rose to jump through into our universe. and then back again at the end.

Davros was last seen escaping in a pod in the classic series but with the revealed plot centering on the 'real origins of the daleks' that still makes me think it'll be a story set way before the birth of the war machine mutant daleks. when davros still had the use of his legs. being an alternate universe allows the writers to give us a story that leads to Davros ending up in his Dalek wheelchair. and a chance to see the Dalek beasties before the mutation. I hope so. I do get a bit bored of the salt shaker daleks and that voice.

And if Rose can somehow jump through the vortex from universe to universe then it means a possible return in season five as the docs assistant?

I also wonder if something will happen to K9 again. the K9 spinoff show is due to air in early 2008 with a brand new look for the tin dog. in the current spinoff show 'the sarah jane adventures' K9 is seen patrolling a black hole plugging a hole in the universe. stopping something or other from coming through. his task apparently taking an indeterminate length of time. if something were to happen to K9 mkIV in the sarah jane adventures leading to the creation of K9 mkV it would lead smartly to K9's own show and then an appearance with the doctor in season four. a CGI tin dog that can levitate and do tricks rather than just roll around on flat surfaces and shoot things at low level. a tin dog that's actually useful. it'd be a bit convenient and slightly tacky but RTD is fond of convenient and tacky.

For those of you having Dr. Who withdrawls in the US, Sci-Fi has started showing them again at 5am on Friday morings. I set my DVR to record them. Also, BC America has re-runs of season 2 right now and on Tuesday morning of next week, Sci-Fi is having a marathon from about 7am - 4pm of season 2 episodes.

Any report on when we'll be getting anything new?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Havent heard anything on season 4, but I never saw season 2, so its a treat for me.